Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Honestly, I lost interest in Curb Your Enthusiasm after watching the second season. Larry David contributed wonderfully to Seinfeld, but his show feels like the same episode playing again and again. He says or does something, somebody takes it the wrong way, he inadvertently makes things worse, and then his wife looks at him like she's trying to remember why she married him in the first place. And I'm looking at the TV screen trying to remember why I tuned in in the first place.

And frankly, his character is too annoying for words. If I knew this guy (the character, not necessarily the actor) in real life, I wouldn't be able to spend five minutes with him without wanting to smack him upside the head. So tuning in -- even for thirty minutes at a time -- I just can't do it anymore.

But hey, just like in the Joey Death Watch thread, to each his/her own!

cheers,
supervij

·
Registered
550 Posts
I watched the first three seasons on Showcase but they never ran the fourth. My Blockbuster had one copy for rental but somebody rented it and never returned/bought it. So the rest of us are out of luck. I hope it shows up on free TV somewhere.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I had quite a hard time finding Season 4 of CYE while I was back in Ontario a couple weeks ago. Apparently it's not stocked at any of the 4 or 5 Future Shop and BestBuy stores I went to. I ended up picking it up at HMV and found it to be quite enjoyable.

Here's hoping season five is good as well!

·
Registered
679 Posts
tomm4004 said:
I watched the first three seasons on Showcase but they never ran the fourth. My Blockbuster had one copy for rental but somebody rented it and never returned/bought it. So the rest of us are out of luck. I hope it shows up on free TV somewhere.
4th season of Curb starts on Showcase March 12th.

·
Registered
488 Posts
james99 said:
So who in Canada is showing "Extras" ?

Can't see it on the TMN schedule.

Global owns the Canadian rights but they bought them last fall but they still havent aired the show

1 - 13 of 13 Posts