Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Thats too bad, it was one of my favourite shows.

In the last episode I didn't see any "natural conclusion"....it was probably mostly a ratings issue......or maybe the religious right found it offensive !!!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Definately no wrap up there. Maybe if they'd have cut the last minute out they could attempt to say this but clearly there's a huge cliffhanger there. I'm writing in....maybe if there's a backlash they'll reconsider and tell the rest of the story.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I missed Carnivale the first time around so I thought I would try it. I find it to be quite an interesting quirky show. I hope I get to see Adrienne Barbeau's famous assets again. The last time was the swimming scene in "Swamp Thing" ("they are real and they are spectacular");)

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
Carnivale was originally envisioned as a 6 season show, constructed as a trilogy of books that covered 2 seasons each. The series was reportedly developed for the entire 6 seasons but was canceled before it could be completed. I thought the concept and vision were fantastic, if a little dark and inaccessible. It lost it's audience in the second season which is regrettable. IMHO, the second season was the best and had the most payoff as it resolved many mysteries and increased suspense as it did. There are a few episodes that are difficult to watch but stick with it as the payoff near the end of the second season is worth it. Carnivàle

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Deadwood was great and full of surprises. One of the scenes that really sticks in my mind was when the sheriff hung that fellow and yanked on his body to break his neck and hasten his death!

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
The language was why I liked Carnivale and stopped watching Deadwood. The occasional four letter word makes for good emphasis but a continuous flurry of them does not make a good script. Like Jay Leno says, he doesn't need to use foul language to get a laugh. The word "idiots" is just as funny with the right setup.

·
Registered
547 Posts
At the time, Carnivale and Deadwood were the best damn shows on tv.
Carnivale was/is one of my favourites. And let's not forget Six Feet Under either. Definitely my all-time favourite show!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Carnivale was/is one of my favourites. And let's not forget Six Feet Under either. Definitely my all-time favourite show!
Beyond a doubt, combine those with Sopranos and The Wire and you have HBO's classic years. It's been a struggle for them since.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Wu, Big Man - Wu

Deadwood was right behind The Soprano's in great shows....watched Carnivale as well - great show.....but then again my wife and I enjoyed Twin Peaks back in the day.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts