Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have right now Bell Internet Performance. My issue is the internet usage is only 60 GB a month. I have to pay for more g's a month since that is not enough. Right now i pay 78.40 a month and also i pay more to have my limit at 180g's. Issue is i still go over i have max g's they can give me. Last month i used 193.00 GB and with it being $1.50 /GB it costed me an extra 28.5$ bring my bill to 106$ just for basic internet thats actually really slow not the good one. I cant get a better plan since its highest one in my area.

I just use alot of internet. I dont have tv i watch all my stuff online. I download movies alot and games from steam and other gaming sites some games being more than 20g's and on top of that play alot of games online adding up to all videos i watch on youtube and music i download.

Not sure what i should do since i cant get high limit or upgrade my package all i can do is keep playing bells high prices and hope internet caps go away.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Not much you can do except look for a alternate provider.

What I don't understand is how you pay $78 a month for 60GB cap. Primus or Teksavvy give it to you for $35 plus $5 or so per 40GB block. You can get 180 GB then for $50.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Just to expand on what Hugh mentioned, one alternative is to go with Teksavvy and opt for their highest internet usage 'insurance' package, which would give you a 25+240 GB cap. It's still not cheap as it'll cost you around ~$32+$55+taxes.

You basically have to either curb your internet usage or bite the bullet and pay the increased costs. It's the same decision I'll have to make in a month's time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bell i only one i can get i live in small town and bell even if they suck with caps they have best all round service in Canada you can get them any where. a

·
Registered
384 Posts
With the kind of speed that Bell Internet Slowformance offer how the hell can you manage to bust 180's? Seriously I barely manage to reach 100 and am almost 24/7 online. You sure somebody is not stealing your Wi-Fi?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Didnt realize they had limits, I hit 800gigs to feb 4th, 1.0256tb mar4th 900gigs apr4th and around 850 gigs for the may 4th.

Please tell me where these limits are.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts