Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Device cannot start

I finally bought and installed the hauppauge colossus for use with Windows Media Center.

After maybe a week of usage, the colossus stopped working. When looking a device manager, I got this message:

device cannot start

Rebooting did not solved the problem. However, shutting down completely and waiting a few minutes did solve the problem.

Is this something that happens often? I missed a few recordings so I'm curious about the reliability of this device...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Anyone else using a Colossus card with a Rogers NextBox 3 (9865)?

I can't get a signal to the card using component cables and the D-clip adapters provided.
The pass-through works great from the NextBox via the Colossus then to my TV and amp!

Am using Win7 Home Premium 64 bit. Have tried it with WMC & WinTV7.
I follow the Hauppage support instructions to a T, everything goes as expected, except the configuration of the signal to the card.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
56,525 Posts
There have been reports of the composite video signal respecting CGMS-A now with Navigatr. So, if a programme is recorded on the 9865 (or 8642), then you have used up your "copy once". This has affected DVD Recorders. I'm wondering if something similar has happened to the component video output and if the Hauppauge respects CGMS-A. Here's the discussion in the Navigatr thread:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/61-rogers-cable-tv-hd-pvr-discussion/243074-new-rogers-navigatr-firmware-guide-please-read-post-1-links-there-45.html#post2703657

If you don't record on the 9865 first, you should be able to record the direct feed signal from the 9865's tuner on the Hauppauge, although with Navigatr who knows what they may have botched.

Do you have a 4642 STB that you could try since it doesn't record?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thanks......once again, 57!

I was thinking it may have had something to do with the firmware.
Yes, I have a 4642. May have to try that next!

I just find it so strange that the pass-through works from the NextBox3 but the signal is not picked up by the tuner card.

Update: after swapping NextBoxes.

I am so very happy to report that reconfiguring WMC with the 4642STB did the trick!
Everything is recognized and working as expected.
Both my Colossus and HRV-2250 cards are there, the remote works, the guide is updated!

Thank you, 57! Your input here has totally made my week!

121 - 129 of 129 Posts