Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone PVRed "Chuck" last Monday only to have it broken up into 2 recordings

Hi all,

I noticed that Last Monday's PVRed episode of Chuck was broken into a 32min recording and and 23min recording in 2 entries. Did this happen to anyone else? Once the first part ended, I had to go back to the menus to select the second half of the episode, and I think it missed a few seconds too because the first half ended in commercial while the 2nd half started halfway through dialog.

Kind of weird - is this specific to FibeTV PVR or does it happen to other systems as it never happened when I was on Rogers HD-PVR.

·
Registered
166 Posts
This happens when the VDSL link goes down. It could be caused by a STB reboot or the cellpipe losing its connection/rebooting.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I wonder how often this happens (just I don't notice it because I'm not watching TV or recording at the time).

·
Registered
166 Posts
@wm_cheng
It shouldn't happen often, if ever. I've checked the logs on my Cellpipe and it has happened twice so far. The first one was a major outage in my area but I have no idea about the second one. The link went down for less than 5 minutes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts