Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have added this device to my 880 but none of the buttons work. Would also like to add some extra buttons but there is no PVR feature available. Anybody have this receiver working correctly?

·
Registered
340 Posts
I have an 890 and I upgraded from a DVR530.
I kept the 530 profile which worked fine and I simply had it learn the 'Menu' button. All other buttons were in the database.
PVR is called 'List' in the 530 profile.

If nothing works perhaps it's because you changed the remote address?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Remote address

That is absolutely what I did ... thanks. My neighbour was changing my channels. Thanks so much. I will do some research on getting the Harmony to work with this remote address.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Yes, do a "Confirm infrared commands" under Device > Settings. It will ask you to send a few commands from the original remote and it will select the alternate dataset if it's already available (in the database). Else, it will ask you to teach it all the command to create the alternate dataset. Note: Don't forget to set the original remote to the alternate address.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to both

Appreciate the help. It took a lot of fiddling as it always seems to, but things working perfectly. I was having trouble with the Power On but it was the 630 that needed a reboot. This seems to be a daily event.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
44 Posts
New HDPVR630 and Harmony Remote

can anyone tell me what "device" to add for the new hdpvr-630? I did not own a 530, so I never had a PVR in my Harmony.

Thanks

·
Registered
231 Posts
HDPVR-630 is now in the list of supported devices for Harmony remotes.
Yes it is but the functionality is quite the same yet. I couldn't get skip forward or skip back or info button to work. I'll continue using the motorola till i have time to set it up manually

·
Registered
1 Posts
If nothing works perhaps it's because you changed the remote address?
[/QUOTE]

Thank you! The installer changed my remote address. I switched it back to the default 000 and everything now works perfectly. This solution still works 10 years later :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts