Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mts stb (1216) responds either slowly or not at all to commands from my harmony 659 remote. I've reduced all of the delay settings to 0 and it doesn't help.

I've tried reducing the back light on my LCD and no luck. We have CFL lights above the tv, but they aren't on when we're watching tv.

Aby ideas?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 659 works with MTS, except for being slow to respond. I was playing around with the settings at lunch and found a settings for when the device doesn't respond or responds multiple times. I raised the setting to 6 (maximum) and it seems to respond faster.

I had to teach it the skip forward button, because it didn't work. It learned the button ok, but the box will not respond to it.

·
Super Moderator
16,859 Posts
How did you set up the 659? I think Harmony calls it "manufacturer". It might be helpful for other users.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I set it up as Motorola VIP-1216. Everything worked, except being slow and forward skip button.
I usually have to push the OK button after everything turns on.

·
Super Moderator
16,859 Posts
If you want to experiment you could try AT&T as the manufacturer. They use VIP 1216s and Microsoft Mediaroom and call their service U-verse TV.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried the AT&T box and it works better. I adjusted the settings and it responds, plus the skip forward button works. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts