Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Ya'll....

I currently own a Harman Kardon AVR 445 and looking for others who have this unit. Over Boxing Day I purchased two sets of Polk Audio Monitor 70's (which by the way, sound AMAZING!). My center channel made by Athena. Surround speakers are small older Pyramid (200 watts and are great for surround). With every speaker (FL/FR/RL/RR/SL/SR/C/Sub) you can set it from -10 to +10. I would like to know by owners of this model, which settings do you find work best. Thank you all whom reply to this for taking the time to answer my question.

·
Registered
207 Posts
HK receivers have sound setup built in

There's a mic built into the remote control and the receiver will set sound levels by itself. Check your manual for detailed procedure.

I recommend letting the receiver do this for you and if you want to adjust for some reason, make minor adjustments manually afterwards.

·
Super Moderator
56,638 Posts
The settings will vary for each owner since each location and speaker placement is different. For example, a speaker placed in a corner will generate much more volume than one placed in the middle of the room. A speaker in a "hard" location (near glass) will generate more volume than one in a "soft" location (on a carpet). The advice in the post above is good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts