Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the firmware upgrade, all disk-based operations on my 6416 appear very slow. Deleting a recording or starting a recording takes 15-20 seconds more more to complete. Sometimes I get a little box pop up that says "Please Wait a Moment". It struggles with watching and recording at the same time. Lots of stalls, pixelation and dropouts. Its about 3 years old now. My Pace box (surprisingly!) suffers none of this. Is this the internal drive dying? I was using an external 1TB until 4 weeks ago when I came back from vacation to here it suffering "the click of death".

If it is the HD what would be the best option? Run it with the external only (warranty replacement from Seagate has already arrived), replace the internal, or upgrade to a DCX3400?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATE: Box has been reset by Shaw, issue persists. Warranty ended Aug 18th. :rolleyes:

I'm still guessing its the drive. A tech is coming out on Friday to have a look.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting. Thanks for the link. Although my symptoms are different, the cause could be related. Unfortunately, since my PVR is now out of warranty, I doubt Shaw will be giving me a swap but if the firmware has been corrupted Shaw is to blame and they should give me a new unit.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I owned the box so I guess Shaw felt it was their firmware update that caused it.

FaxCap

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shaw tech gave me a Pace Aspen even though the Moto was out of warranty by a couple of weeks. Its beat up but it works.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts