Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Family Channel has announced a one-night-only broadcast of Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert 3D on Saturday, July 26 at 8 p.m. ET/PT - day-and-date with Disney Channel in the U.S.

The concert features performances by Hannah Montana, Miley Cyrus, and special guests Jonas Brothers. This concert movie documents the Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus sold-out, 70-date Best of Both Worlds Tour, which saw millions of fans across North America buy out stadiums worth of tickets in record time. The theatrical release of Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus: The Best of Both Worlds Concert also broke numerous box office records, including highest-grossing concert movie.

To enjoy the electrifying experience of seeing Miley Cyrus perform live, viewers can pick up their 3-D glasses for 50 cents at Wal-Mart stores. All proceeds from the sale of the glasses will go to Breakfast Clubs of Canada.

Airs: Saturday, July 26 at 8 p.m. ET/PT

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
In today's free Toronto paper (24 hours) it mention that Starz in the US was showing it. No mention of any Canadian Channel. Gotta love newspaper editting.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is an absoute must see in our house so I agree bigoranget, this would be an excellent time to launch Family HD.

My PVR is filled with Suite Life and Hannah Montana episodes.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bumping since the show is this Saturday and you want to have time to get your 3-D glasses!

Our PVR is set to go and we will be rocking at the Digital Home this Saturday!

·
Registered
339 Posts
To me it seemed like the concert was in 3D and the parts when it was not in the concert was not in 3D it was not a bad show wish it was in HD i gues si have to pick it up on Blu-ray for the wife and i may watch it one more time to see it in hd.

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
As mentioned earlier if Astral Media had any brains (They Don't), they would have used this event to launch their HD channel.

But that's the story of a typical Canadian company just dragging their feet on HD offerings.

Astral launched almost all of their french networks in HD. Why haven't they launched Family HD.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts