Scream Radio, a limited-run radio channel that will provide spooky sound effects and eerie sounds for trick-or-treating and Halloween parties, goes on air today at 3:00 PM on SiriusXM channel 145 and SiriusXM Internet Radio channel 813 .
The station will continue broadcasting until November 1 at 3:00 am ET. The Halloween themed station is great for parties or trick-or-treating and features scary sounds, including creaking doors, footsteps, bubbling potions, breaking glass, the horrific sounds of being chased through the dark woods, hair-raising screams, the echo of dripping water and more.
Scream Radio will also air Halloween stories and favorite scary songs from personalities such as heavy metal legend Alice Cooper, the Kardashian sisters and Weird Al. SiriusXM hosts will contribute their favorite Halloween memories, including SiriusXM Elvis Radio host George Klein, who tells the story of attending a Halloween party with Elvis and running into Nat King Cole dressed as "The King." Plus, Jane's Addiction guitarist Dave Navarro plays his favorite tunes and discusses UFOs and the occult on Dark Matter, a 2-hour show airing live at 12:00 am ET/9:00 pm ET on Halloween night.
Other Halloween themed programming on SiriusXM this week includes:
- SiriusXM Radio Classics (SiriusXM channel 82) brings back the king of the horror pictures -- Vincent Price -- with a replay of Vincentennial, the 24-hour centennial birthday special originally broadcast from Price's hometown of St. Louis, Missouri. Vincentennial features many of Price's best horror radio works including Pit & The Pendulum, Three Skeleton Key and Blood Bath, as well as Radio Classics host/program director Greg Bell's visits with Price's son and daughter and famed motion picture producer/director Roger Corman. Vincentennial airs all day on October 30.
- OutQ (SiriusXM channel 108) the nation's 24/7 LGBT channel, will feature a special edition of The Pop Ten with Lance Bass live from the "Fred and Jason's Halloweenie" party at the famous Hollywood Forever Cemetery in Los Angeles, benefiting the L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center, airing on Halloween at 8:00 pm ET.
- Classic Vinyl (SiriusXM channel 26): Quintessential showman and heavy metal legend Alice Cooper shares his top ten favorite scariest songs as he takes over the channel for Halloween weekend. "Alice Cooper's Top Ten Scariest Songs" airs October 28 at 12:00 pm ET, and replays October 29 at 8:00 pm, October 30 at 9:00 am and Halloween night at 9:00 pm (all times ET).
- Martha Stewart Living Radio (SiriusXM channel 110) celebrates Martha's favorite holiday with tips for innovative costumes, creative makeup, festive decor, pumpkin carving designs, and entertaining, as well as succulent recipes and ideas for baked treats that fit any size celebration and every budget.
- Doctor Radio (SiriusXM channel 81): SiriusXM's health and medical channel tackles the subjects of kids and nightmares, costumes and allergies, candy and tooth decay, digestive health and debunking myths about sugar and hyperactivity in children.
- SiriusXM Book Radio (SiriusXM channel 80): October is "Fright-tober" on SiriusXM's 24/7 channel devoted to books and authors. Hear Stephen King's classic of horror Cujo beginning on October 26 at 8:00 am ET, with a daily replay at 6:00 pm ET. SiriusXM Book Radio will also air host Kim Alexander's "Zombie Summit" panel from New York Comic Con 2011 on October 26 at 7:00 pm ET.
- Kids Place Live (SiriusXM channel 78) presents its ninth annual "Pumpkin Jam," offering the perfect trick-or-treating soundtrack with spooky songs and stories on Halloween from 3:00 pm ET to 12:00 am ET. A special edition of Story Pirates featuring live performances of spooky stories written and submitted by the channel's kid listeners airs October 28 from 4:00 – 5:00 pm, October 29 at 9:00 am and 5:00 pm and October 30 at 12:00 pm (all times ET). Plus, last minute DIY Halloween costume ideas, fun Halloween pranks and tricks.
- Playboy Radio (SiriusXM channel 102): Playboy Radio celebrates Halloween with "The Rocki Whore Hardcore Parody." The spooky special will be hosted by Playboy Radio's Jessica Drake and feature clips from Wicked Pictures' parody including several original songs and plenty of sex scenes. Jessica stars as a young bride who happens to come upon a cast of sexual oddballs -- including Playboy Radio's own Nicky Hunter as "Vagina."
Discuss all SiriusXM programming in Digital Home's Sirius XM Satellite Radio discussion forum.