Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 50" Haier LED HDTV that I have owned for probably 5 years now. Warranty is obviously expired by now.

Occasionally when I power it on it will have a section of the screen that is rather dark. Previously it had been the upper left corner, and this went away gradually over time. Recently, it has been the right quarter of the screen. Sometimes it goes away on it's own after a short period of time, yet the other day it was still dark throughout most of the day. Now...some days it's fine (normal).

Is this a common thing that happens over time with these TVs? I assume there is no feasible fix, as the cost to get a tech out to diagnose and repair would likely cost more than a new TV.

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
I had this happen with an LCD monitor a few years ago. It had a calibration option (or something to that effect) that appeared to be simply displaying a bright white screen for several hours. Maybe the TV could be hooked up to a device that displays a bright white screen to fix the issue. I don't think it's a common issue but pixels in LCD screens can fail or get stuck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts