Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Games that are on my guide featuring the habs are not on yet games that are listed as blacked out are broadcast, like tonight the guide list it as blacked out but I am getting the game?

·
Registered
938 Posts
This is discussed in the Sports Programming forum, search will find it.

Because the game airs on a TSN regional feed, (TSN-HABS), it is technically available in the Habs region (Eastern Ontario/Quebec/Atlantic Canada). Eastlink has chosen not to provide this channel, but is supposed to black out the games regardless because it is considered an in-region game.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Unless TSN Habs is an English language channel available outside of the Habs broadcast region, it seems like a redundant channel. Sure I can watch the game on RDS, but there is no English channel that broadcasts every game, like RDS does, although in French. A very frustrating issue, that I hope gets resolved, after their contract with RDS expires and it gets handed to an English broadcaster, like TSN or even Sportsntet, that will broadcastall their games nationwide.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Unless TSN Habs is an English language channel available outside of the Habs broadcast region, it seems like a redundant channel. Sure I can watch the game on RDS, but there is no English channel that broadcasts every game, like RDS does, although in French. A very frustrating issue, that I hope gets resolved, after their contract with RDS expires and it gets handed to an English broadcaster, like TSN or even Sportsntet, that will broadcastall their games nationwide.
That can't happen, as the English rights are handled differently. There will be no changes to this until at least the 2014 season. English and French rights are totally seperate. TSN-Habs is only an alternate channel that gets activated for the games (See: Sportsnet Sens). We cannot see the games on Center Ice because it is considered an in-market game, our provider just chooses not to provide the feed. Like I said, that won't change until at least 2014, if at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts