Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

41 - 60 of 320 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
HP site shows discounted price but when you hit buy now from HP it shows the full price... Id like to snag one now, but not sure if they will honor the lower price.. I suppose i could always cancel the order..

The guys at XDA are assembling to try and get android ported.. Even dual boot has been suggested :)

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Considering the page linked above advertises it, if they don't adjust they're going to piss off a LOT of people.
And I would certainly be cancelling :p

If I end up getting one for the discount price, I'm counting on the android community cooking up something nice.
Even if they don't, it's still a good media/browser for $100/150, as mentioned :p

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Oh well i hit buy! :) Hope they just adjust the price before the ship. I would imagine nothing will be moving till monday...

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I called and talked to a "pre-sales?" rep in the US and he said it's a known glitch with the hp.ca site and the price will be adjusted on Monday. 1-877-231-4351 to be sure.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
FYI, the Touchpad development team tried installing WebOS on an iPad 2. The OS was able to operate TWICE as fast on the iPad 2 than on the Touchpad!

Also, the development team AND the PC division learned of the demise of both the Touchpad and the PC line with the press announcement. They never received any advanced warning.

The Touchpad will definitely become one of the most epic fails in the history of consumer electronics. The only other failure of this magnitude that I can recall off the top of my head is the failure of the Osborne computer corporation back in 1983 caused by the premature announcement of a new Osborne computer, resulting in the cancellation of orders for the now obsolete Osborne 1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osborne_Computer_Corporation

·
Registered
520 Posts
Yeah, ordered a 32gb, it'll be my first tablet too.

This is the way to do it, anticipate failures in sales, and then buy when they drastically drop prices.

Accessories are hella expensive, 69.99 average.

I major concern are the release 3rd party apps for, and the future of WebOS.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I believe there are only around 500 TouchPad apps available and I don't see it going much higher unless a third-party buys the webOS division (and not just for the patents, either).

·
Registered
269 Posts
I ordered the 32 gig version, already have an ipad2 but for that kinda of money how can you go wrong.. Hope to see an Andriod port in the future

Leo

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
I can't see that it's worth buying these things and hoping for a useful port. There will be a lot of cool options coming down the pipe.

That said, do these things have the correct Android buttons? Home, Menu, Back and Search?

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Developers will start with gingerbread port first then onto honeycomb.

For the money I won't hesitate to let my 7 year olds play with it...

41 - 60 of 320 Posts