Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It just happened today that I cannot download the guide at all......and sometimes when i try and go back to a once 100% signal it not says signal not found and its at 0 on every transponder.

Model 3100 and has updated smartcards, it has been working fine for over a year now and all of a sudden BAM nothing! The household is set up with 4 receivers slpit with the proper splitter and the 3 other receivers work 100% fine. I did have problems before with this unit but never this bad.

I'll turn it on....a show will be playing (signal reads 98-100%), I'll click on the guide it reads "no info" on all shows and the guides progress bar will not move at all and remains blank I cancel out of the dead guide and the TV signal is now at 0 and no signal can be found at all.

No work was done with the CAT lines nor was the unit damaged. What is going on with this thing/?? is it fixable or a lost cause...or could it be the splitter or wiring?

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
Try swapping the 3100 with one of the other receivers. If the problem follows the receiver, that's the problem. If the problem stays with the original location, it's the switch or wiring.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts