Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Great news! We have confirmed that you're in our FibreOp neighbourhood..."

Anybody else receive one of these letters in the past week?
I'm in the Point Lepreau area, and immediately called when I received the letter - after all, it said "We have confirmed..."!
I called, and sure enough, it was a mistake. So I said "But you confirmed it!" and then there was silence...
What a bunch of clowns running this outfit. Earlier in the month, they charged my credit card without actually providing a statement.
Does anybody else miss the good ol' days of NBTel? Now there was a telco! I wonder where we would be right now if it still existed.

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
NBTel was years ahead of its time. They had good customer relations, dependable system and then some more.

As for your Fiber chaos, your best bet is to check their website and enter your postal code. That usually is a better indicator than their flyers.

·
Registered
154 Posts
My bro is in the N-W region of NB and he got a flyer too and called in and the CSRs confirmed that it was available over there.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I got the same notice last month.. I waited and waited, kept checking and it was available so I went into the local BellAliant Store on Saturday and I'm not longer able to get it. the sales guy there told me that after they added the Dieppe numbers to the system as they've finished the setup there it wiped every other number. I checked some of my friends numbers who actually have it installed and the website said it was not available.. Try again.. my number is back in the available catergory today

·
Registered
154 Posts
My bro just called me, they sent a bunch of letters to small towns in the north of the province and all along it wasn't really available.
upset bro is upset :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
I think Bell is doing what ROGERS did a few years back with Hi Speed interent. They are sending their flyers faster than their upgrades in hopes of stealling the others customers. Funny how these 2 compete for our buck!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts