Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sad news for those waiting for GT5 - it's been delayed again.

According to the Playstation Blog it's been delayed until "the holiday season" so feel free to interpret that as you will.

To quote a few posts from the F1 2010 thread a few weeks ago:

GT5 in a month?? LMFAO really for sure this time. really? :)
Month and a half...:rolleyes: But I am expecting a delay release at any time now...

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I was planning on booking November 2/3 off to enjoy a couple of days of uninterrupted GT5 racing madness - glad I held off.

Still excited about the release (I've already built up a resistance to GT5 delay disappointments from all the earlier announcements). And now I'll have more than enough time to order a proper racing wheel + stand setup.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
LOL man its so sad its funny... I really don't like the look of prologue... ill have to see this one in person before i drop a dime on it... Kinda glad its delayed. F1 2010 was an unexpected purchase and a i have MW3 on pre order and tempted to get medal of honor...

·
Registered
327 Posts
Not surprised in the least.

I'm totally speculating here but I got to think that at this late stage of development, the release delay is due to something more trivial like packaging, versioning, or manufacturing. I can't imagine it's anything code related if they are still saying "holidays 2010".

·
Super Moderator
3,996 Posts
I remember people talking about this game when Forza 2 came out. I think for most fans this game had better be the unquestionable greatest racing game of all time to be worth the wait.

Perhaps they should rename it Gran Turismo Forever...

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Ya, seriously, Sony is going to look extremely foolish if GT5 is not the best racer of all time.
They have delayed this game almost as much as Duke Nukem Forever.

Based on the last demo/time trial they released on PSN, the gameplay mechanics were terrible, so I hope they've made some serious improvements, or this game will sadly fail.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
LOL man its so sad its funny... I really don't like the look of prologue... ill have to see this one in person before i drop a dime on it... Kinda glad its delayed. F1 2010 was an unexpected purchase and a i have MW3 on pre order and tempted to get medal of honor...
I'd pass on Medal of Honour. Looks pretty thin and it is getting some sketchy reviews. A buddy of mine said he finished the single player in 5 hours on hard...ON HARD!!! It took me 8 on hard for MW2 and that was still way to short. MW3 is not out until 2011 so you have a long wait ahead of you...:rolleyes:

F1 2010 is a great surprise for me. Spending many hours with it both online and single player.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I'd rather see it take 5 more years to release than have it be that crap demo that was released.

at this rate we may see Forza 4 befor we see GT5,

don't see how any game can be good enough to take as long as nearly 3 versions of another very simlar game to come out

I loved GT 1-4, but Forza has replaced the GT series in my eyes,
you can't take this long between game releases, they should have just released 5 and made 6 epic

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think the demo Steve604 was referring to is the actual GT5 playable demo they released a few months ago. If I recall, there were indeed a lot of complaints about handling and such.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
prologue was good! people were just down on it cause it got pitched as a demo. there was tons of game play in it!
Maybe it's "too" good...I found it uncontrollable using a GT Force wheel, and therefore basically unplayable. Maybe a real car performs that way and I just have no idea how to drive a car that powerful, but either way, it was frustrating and got shelved pretty damn quick.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
i use a wheel as well and the only thing i found annoyng was that there was no way to calibrate center for my wheel. so the begining of the race was alway sshot as i had to sue the first 2 seconds to find center!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Maybe it's "too" good...I found it uncontrollable using a GT Force wheel, and therefore basically unplayable. Maybe a real car performs that way and I just have no idea how to drive a car that powerful, but either way, it was frustrating and got shelved pretty damn quick.
its not too good,
1 of my cars has over 500hp, has thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of suspension upgrades, it'll pull turns like a Z06 vette, and I can drive the life out of it, I know how a real car handles at its limits

at 1 point my lap times were usually in the top 1000 on Forza 2, last I checked I still had times in the top 100
and i did not like the GT5 demo at all, the car wouldn't respond that poorly on ice,

1 - 20 of 96 Posts