Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

C64C, with working 1902 monitor, a 1541 and 1541-ii floppy drive, as well not pictured a 1531 datasette drive.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Amazing. I remember using C64 in Elementary School. We had one and everyone was amazed by it.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had PCs and an Amiga, but never a c64.
But was able to get this bundle for a good price, and couldnt pass it up for my console/computer collection.

I have some software for it, but one of the next steps will be getting something like the SD2IEC. Its an SD card reader which interfaces with the IEC port on the c64.
Can then download and run just about everything

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I came across a bunch of old computers which included commodore at a place my dad was working at, the owner wanted to get rid of them and clean up his storage unit. If I didn't live in such a small house (because this is all I can afford in today's hard economic times) I would snatch them up in a heartbeat. but ya I don't got space for them nor have the time to tinker around with them either. Don't get me wrong I love playing with and putting together old gadgets and working on them and such but working from home during this Pandemic while trying to home school 2 young children at the same time because schools are closed takes up a lot of my time and is very taxing on one's body and mind.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If he still has them, i'll take them! LOL (even pay the shipping)

I have a decent enough sized house.. so for me I am affording the space. Or more specifically MAKING the space for it.
Older gaming stuff has become a semi passion of mine as late. As much the nostalgia part of it... part of the 'preserving' part of it.
Keeping this stuff alive and around as much as possible.. as it will only get harder and harder as time goes on.
Almost doing it as a 'museum/archive' sort of thing.
Its what has driven me to learn a lot more about how to repair these things, and brought about 3/4 of the dead systems I have found back to life.

I do understand completely with the COVID stuff.. its been crazy.
Truthfully, this stuff have been my one ESCAPE from all that at the end of the day.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow!!! That just brought back tons of memories!!! My dad used to have one of these. I wonder, from the picture, how it works just fine. Where did you get it? If it was there in ur garage, you have a great hand in maintaining stuff. Let me know if it's for sale. I am deeply interested to bargain an amount for it :D

·
Registered
959 Posts
I'm pretty sure I still have my very first computer, a Commodore Vic 20 around here somewhere...

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@chrisrobert

Both floppy drives work, I havent tested the tape drive I have (its brand new, but no tape for it).
I picked it up from a local tandy/comedore group in the toronto area. Cost me about $300 for it, which really in the end is a pretty good deal (at least going off ebay prices)
So no, its not for sale, lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts