Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would start a thread on this:

One difference between Hell's Kitchen and MasterChef is that instead of culinary arts trained master chefs competing for the coverted slot of Top Chef in a five star restaurant, MasterChef brings the competition to an amateur level. Anyone may apply to compete on Masterchef, except those who are already trained chefs. Like with other reality count down competitions like American Idol and American's Got Talent, the contestant pool is wide open. Initially 100 people are chosen to present their culinary creations to Chefs Ramsay and Bowles and Mr. Bastianich. Each contestant is given a chance to prepare his signature dish. The three food gurus taste and test and compare notes.
I really like both shows, because it shows both sides of Chef Ramsay.

What do you guys think? Likes and Dislikes of both shows, anyone?

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
My family and I have watched Hells Kitchen for the last two seasons and really enjoyed it. Have to check out MasterChef by comparison.

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
Both shows are very similar but MC has less "drama" and more cooking.

I actually prefer his 3rd show over these 2.

·
Registered
358 Posts
what is the third show? The F Word? Because that one is pretty entertaining too.

My wife and I have been watching Hell's Kitchen since its inception in the US and we have been watching Master Chef too. As was pointed out it kinda gives you a view of both sides of Ramsey. I am glad that MC does have 2 other hosts because it gives the show balance. If it was Ramsey on his own I could see it turning into a HK because all the judging and decisions would be up to him alone. All in all, 3 good shows that we enjoy watching.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
New season of Hells Kitchens

A New season premieres this fall on fox on \Sept 23

·
Registered
358 Posts
oh yes... i don't know how I forgot Kitchen Nightmares... so he has 4 shows now

Hell's Kitchen
Master Chef
The "F" Word (BBC Show)
Kitchen Nightmares (US and UK Versions)

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
The 22 year old is not only super cute but really talented.

Don't be surprised if she wins. He seems to like younger people with a long future ahead of them over somebody older with more experience.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gordon Ramsay, at Your Service

This was from October 2009... Any news if this was ever produced and if so you think we will see it on TV anytime soon?

http://www.torontolife.com/daily/daily-dish/aprons-icons/2009/10/02/gordon-ramsay-completes-transformation-into-a-cartoon-character/

Gordon Ramsay’s next television venture will have nothing to do with losing his cool around incompetent kitchen staff. Instead, he’ll be appearing as a valiant puppet in a new stop-motion animation series called Gordon Ramsay, at Your Service, which comes from the masterminds behind MTV’s Celebrity Deathmatch. The irascible chef is reportedly thrilled at the idea and has signed a deal with Toronto’s Cuppa Coffee Studios—the largest stop-motion animation studio in the world—to be caricaturized and provide vocal talent.

Episodes of At Your Service will revolve around Ramsay showing up at the scene of kitchen emergencies, at which point the plot and the comedy take unexpected twists. But don’t expect to see the profanity-spouting Ramsey we all know and love/hate from Kitchen Nightmares and Hell’s Kitchen. The new show is intended as a family sitcom, assures co-creator Adam Shaheen, and will steer away from “the very tiny part of his personality that you see on television…This is about exploring him in other avenues, because he’s an adventurous guy.”

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
A New season premieres this fall on fox on \Sept 23
Are you sure about Sept. 23? The previous season just ended. Did they shoot two seasons back to back? I thought the final punishment for HK was tearing the dorms down. I took this to mean that the series was over for good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts