Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was very excited to see Goonies out on Blu Ray today until I actually saw it. Its ONLY available in a collectors edition and costs $50. Sorry but $50 for a catalog movie is waaaaay overpriced. I can't believe Warner Bros would release this without a disc only version and actually expect it to sell well.

Goonies never say die, but this set should.

·
Registered
156 Posts
what kind of a response is that?????

People buy movies, have you heard? Who's to say this isn't the OP's favorite movie of all time?

P.S. Enlighten us all on the last movie you purchased...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
190 Posts
I was very excited to see Goonies out on Blu Ray today until I actually saw it. Its ONLY available in a collectors edition and costs $50. Sorry but $50 for a catalog movie is waaaaay overpriced. I can't believe Warner Bros would release this without a disc only version and actually expect it to sell well.

Goonies never say die, but this set should.
Agreed, so I purchased my blu-ray copy from Amazon.uk. It was delivered today and cost me $19.18 Cdn. that's with delivery charges included. No duty, no taxes. It's not the fancy package with all the extra maps, game etc. that they are selling in North America but just the movie with the special features. It took a week and half to get here.

·
Registered
106 Posts
$50 is very overpriced.

Kudos to getting it via amazon for a more reasonable price.

·
Registered
57 Posts
That was the last movie I saw on the drive-in as a kid before they tore it down....Wow even with found memories $50 is nuts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts