1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
hmm i dont know if it auto updated without me knowing but im already using version 7 :)

Its my number one browser. They have done a great job with it, and as an android and gmail user i guess im all in! :)

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you using the Beta version? It is always ahead and auto updates

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
ah ha. yes i have been using beta since day one..

·
Registered
42 Posts
I really want to switch to Chrome but live bookmarks are such a big deal for me. I don't know why they don't add them to Chrome.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just use Google Reader. Much easier and I have the reeder for Ipad app so I can see the latest regardless of what computer or tablet I am on.

·
Registered
736 Posts
It is not 64-bit version. It works by mare fact that 64-bit operating systems are made compatible with 32-bit software (otherwise they would never move to mainstream). Internet Explorer in Windows 7 and Windows Vista is still the only viable 64-bit browser. If you dig deep you may be able to find 64-bit Firefox build for Windows but it is nowhere near stable for anyone to use. Not to mention existing 32-bit plug-ins do not work with it.

Now, more appropriate question is why would you need 64-bit browser? What can it do today that 32-bit browser can't? One answer is that it may offer better security since hackers are not targeting it specifically yet (that's if you encounter exploit that cares about browser bitness).

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
What can it do today that 32-bit browser can't?
Work with more than 4GB of virtual memory. That may be an advantage some day but it's not needed yet.

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
I am at 7 something.

Google Chrome 7.0.517.44 (Official Build 64615)
WebKit 534.7
V8 2.3.11.22
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.7 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/7.0.517.44 Safari/534.7
Command Line "C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"

·
Super Moderator
16,850 Posts
Canadian spelling disctionary

I just noticed that Chrome has finally added a Canadian spelling dictionary. I'm on version 14.0.835.126 beta. I know there are quite a few Chrome users here, so I thought I'd point it out.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Dr.Dave,

Thanks for the heads-up on the correct dictionary. I've been using the Canadian dictionary for Firefox for a couple of years, but I need to use Chrome just for a couple of forums... previously I'd only found one add-on that combined British, Canadian and American (mis)spelling... VERY confusing! :eek:

Now... if we could only get Hugh (and several other members) to start using Canadian spelling!!! ;) :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts