Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
I was subscribed to Rdio for a few years, but it recently shut down. I signed up for free trials of the premium versions of Google Play Music, Spotify and Apple Music to compare them and choose which one to go with next.

I am also a Songza fan, so having those playlists integrated into Google Play was a major plus for it. However, what clinched it was that Google was the only service that properly handled album queuing. I like to listen to full albums, so I will often start listening to one and then queue a different one (or more) to follow it. With both Spotify and Apple, they would insert that next album after the current song on the album I was listening to instead of after that album was complete. I checked online for both Spotify and Apple to see if there was a function I was missing, but forums for both confirmed they did not allow you to queue the album to begin after the album you are currently listening to instead of interrupting it. This was never an issue with Rdio when I subscribed to them.

Anyway, such a basic feature was the main deciding factor for Google for me. The music libraries of all three services were quite similar and the price (for a single user) was the same for all three. I generally liked Spotify's interface and streaming stations, but I found Apple to be a bit confusing as I did not like how it was basically just integrated into iTunes (which I'm already not overly fond of).

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have made extensive use of Google Play Music since switching from Rdio some time last year. My biggest gripe is that I have uploaded a ton of music that I had ripped from CDs back in the day. Naturally, these are some of my favourite albums, and so I listen to them frequently. When I hit the album to play in Google Music, it often intermingles my uploaded track with one from their library. Sure, I can manually fix this. But I often don't notice until it starts playing 'track 1' for a second time. Real pain in the ass. If anyone has come across this, and has tried a solution to fix it, please let me know their results.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Not sure if this solution will work for you, but if I just want to listen to a specific album or artist, I create a new Playlist. I've done that for The Beatles, Steely Dan, etc.. there, I showed my age ;)

81 - 83 of 83 Posts