Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am here to report that Google Pay (G Pay) is now called Google Wallet.

I recently did an app update and it now has branded itself as Google Wallet. Wallet makes sense to me because it is not just an app that has your payment card any more, Google Pay, before it was updated already had the ability to store Gift Cards, Loyalty cards, Vaccine Certificate, Concert / Sports Tickets and even Bus Passes, however I am not sure people were aware of this, the name Wallet makes sense to me because wallets hold more than just your credit card.

I was already using it to store my Airmiles Card, Petro Points, Gift Card, and Vaccine Certificate before, but I guess the name Wallet makes more sense than Pay, because I'm guessing when they first launched it years ago, they were only focused on using it for payments such as credit card, etc.

I did use it for Credit Card payments before and it worked reasonably well. I like the fact that the store will not see my true credit card number but a Virtual number on their end, but it will show up just fine on my credit card bill or statement.

·
Registered
8,934 Posts
Mine updated last week. Apparently, there will be some additional function in the future.

·
Registered
8,934 Posts
IIRC, you can use Google Pay, to pay for stuff on the Internet, but that's a different Google Pay from what's on the phones.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts