Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Note 4 with Lollipop. For some reason my phone does not give the streetnames when providing directions. It simply says something like "turn left in 800 meters." I've Googled the issue and I am not the first person to have this problem. I tried the online solutions without success.

Who should I go after to try to have this fixed? Does Bell feel any responsibility to help me make an app work the way it should? Should I go to the Samsung shop in Best Buy? All advice welcome.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Bell has ZERO to do with any apps and how they run. Unless, of course, they require a data connection and your phone doesn't have one. That's where their support ends.

As for Google Maps not reading street names, you are correct - after reading your post I realized that my GS5 doesn't do it either.

I found what appears to be a fix, and I will test it at lunch time on my way home for lunch and let you know.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Just as a point of reference. I am on Bell (which is irrelevant) but have an iPhone 6 with iOS 8.3 and Google Maps uses the street names during navigation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts