Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
So... this is just another way of presenting 'query suggestions in the search box', which they've been giving us for a few years already, no? :confused:

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
No, it now gives the actual search results as you go, not just suggestions of search terms.

And it's working for me now in Chrome, IE, and FF.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I turned "safesearch=off" and then tried some suggestive terms like "analyst" and "sextuplets" to see what I got as I go! Surprisingly not much bad came up along the way. Mostly thanks to the "Sex and the City" movie ;) Although as I went I did get "naughty girls in your neighborhood" in the sponsored links. So you might not want to do instant search while hooked up to the work projector giving a presentation!

Impressive that page rank is keeping things moderately safe even with safesearch=off.

Overall I see this as a neat gimmick but pretty much just a waist of computing power. An impressive display of map reduce based programming though.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Simple testing shows that the "instant results" are still personalized and localized. Universal search is completely dead (at least when it comes to Google). Impressive!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts