Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Google today introduce Google Earth for iPhone and iPod touch. With just a swipe of your finger you can fly from Peoria to Paris to Papua New Guinea, or anywhere in between. You can even browse any of the 8 million Panoramio photos or read Wikipedia articles.

With Google Earth for iPhone, you can:

• Tilt your iPhone to adjust your view to see mountainous terrain
• View the Panoramio layer and browse the millions of geo-located photos from around the world
• View geo-located Wikipedia articles
• Use the 'Location' feature to fly to your current location
• Search for cities, places and business around the globe with Google Local Search

Available at the App store

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For the visual types!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Can you tell the spokesperson is reading from cue cards? :)

Aside from that, if you have the right data plan, Google Earth will be terrific to find your way or get lost depending on your travel objectives.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is an impressive application when you first see and play with it but after further use, I found it pretty slow and somewhat difficult to use.

I like the Built-in Google map application in my iPod Touch but I think I will strictly use Google Earth on my desktop.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
I would agree.

It's a very cool app, but it's usefulness is somewhat limited. I actually placed its icon with my games on my iPhone.

Seems a little too hefty or bloated an app for this platform.

Built-in Maps it is. Can't wait to see if Tom Tom or some other GPS company will ever release Nav software for the iPhone. I'd pay good money for that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts