Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
Very odd. Which version of Chrome are you running? Latest version is 18.0.1025.142. If you go to "About Google Chrome" it will automatically check for updates and download them (if applicable).

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
I get that sometimes with Chrome and other sites. I have the latest v18. I restart Chrome what that happens.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Me Too

I get that too on many web sites. It looks to me like Chrome has loaded the mobile version of the web site. I just hit the Chrome "refresh" button.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
+1 i have had that from time to time, refresh usually fixes it.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I heard recently on a tech podcast that Chrome and Facebook are no longer playing nice for some reason. I will look around and see if I can find anymore details.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
That effect I get here often, using FireFox (v11), but seems to be tied to an internet service provider problem. When it happens, all connected devices get the problem, both Windows and iOS devices. It's not the router, as connecting directly to the cable modem has no effect. If the modem is power cycled, and a new IP is provided, the problem goes away. The same problem as shown in post #1 also manifests as a DNS lookup issue. ISP has confirmed they are "working on it".....

If you changed browsers while retaining the same connection, then yeah, it does look like a browser / internet site issue.

Cameron

1 - 8 of 8 Posts