Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know why GolTV Canada is not showing the Barcelona copa del Rey game today?

They did not show the last Barca one either but show the Madrid copa games.

In fact something messed up their live broadcast of barca's last league game as well this week, not starting it on time, putting a old game on instead.

Not sure when they finally corrected the error, as I had switched to a stream instead.

I often wonder if I'm the only one watching :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
You're not the only one watching!!!

GOL-TV Canada has been using the International Feed for either Barcelona or Real Madrid games (whichever GOL-TV USA is not showing). So that means they are dishing out some extra cash to do so (apparently cheaper than using the ESPN USA feed which has the non-GOLTV game).

So it all boils down to money as obviously GOL-TV is not willing to reach into their pockets for the International Feed for this round's Barcelona games in the Copa del Rey. A real shame....

hawk

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
The guy who runs the Football on Canadian TV site told me that he heard GolTV Canada only has rights to the Copa del Rey games that GolTV US has rights to. Of course the games are sold separately from the La Liga games and neither GolTV US nor GolTV Canada have rights to show the final.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the updates. Too bad I'd be happy to pay extra for todays game.

I see espn 3 is streaming it wish we could subscribe to that.

When a game is not on TV I usually turn to Veetle.com for a stream.

They are often not bad quality for streams
but they do cut out or degrade from time to time,
any other suggestions for today?

·
Registered
342 Posts
This game is probably being broadcast on ESPND (Spanish ESPN) in the US. Why not just watch it online (google myp2p)? That's what I always do. Funny that they have tomorrow's Real Madrid game that thanks to the 8-0 in the first leg is already decided. Oh well.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
ESPN and GolTV switch having first pick. I would guess that ESPN had first pick and took Barcelona this round, leaving GolTV with the Real Madrid game.

·
Registered
689 Posts
OK. It has come back on in the 43rd minute after about 15 to 20 minutes of no signal. The commentators have said nothing about it and they were joined in mid-sentence so I'm guessing the problem was at the Canadian (ie MLSE) end of GolTV.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Loss of signal again on GolTV's coverage of La Liga. Today during the Racing Santander v Real Madrid match the signal was lost right after Racing scored to make it 1-2, around the 71 minute mark. When they returned to the match it was in the 85th minute, the score was 1-3 and Real were about to take a penalty. I'm told the same thing happened during the Villareal match on Saturday. Loss of signal happens once in a while during live events but three times in one week indicates some kind of major problem either at GolTV or at the source.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Funny thing is when the signal was lost today I found a stream on veetle, it was a GolTV stream, but for some reason our GolTV channel was still showing filler material?

Hopefully next year the games will be all in HD.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts