Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watching ch 501 Rogers preview channel, currently showing Toronto FC vs Cruz Azul feed is GOL HD.
Whether this means GOL HD is coming or not dont know.
Guide doesnt show anything further.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
It seems like Rogers has quite a bit of additional bandwidth available lately. Not sure if they are pushing SDV more or if it's something else, but they have launched quite a bit of new HD channels recently. Also, I noticed that the screensaver channels (Cottage, sunset, etc..) are on 7/24 now, which wasn't the case not too long ago.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Maybe they are getting ready to launch GOL HD soon. I wonder what's happening with Fox Sportsworld, some say its shutting down, but that's not confirmed. They should morph into Fox Soccer channel Canada and go HD.

·
Premium Member
4,103 Posts
Well in Ottawa we went from 364 SDV channels a few months ago to 404 now.
As for GOL TV HD Bell had it as a channel(believe they stil have it not sure) but I'm not sure if it is/was the US GOL HD and not the Canadian Gol HD.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I've already made a post about GOL TV HD. To refresh your memory, they e-mailed me back stating they ARE in fact launching that channel, but could not give me an approximate time frame. Judging by rogers showing GOL TV feeds on their preview channel, it should not be too far away, they are probably have a temporary feed of some sort and are trying to make it a full time channel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts