Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I rent a 9242 but for reasons I wont get into here I need to stop renting and buy a receiver. I told Bell about my intentions and they said that they do not sell the 9242 only the 9241... which I guess is because the 9242 had some issues or something guy on the phone was not overly clear. So it seems like my only legitimate option for purchasing a receiver is downgrading.

What I am having troubles understanding is the differences between the two - what would I be losing if I got the 9241.

Secondly does anyone know what would happen if I "lost" my 9242 rental and then after Paying Bell for it happened to "find" it again?

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
9242, has PiP, OTA Tuner and the ability to feed a second TV loction with seperate programming, the 9241 does not.

'Loosing" the 9242 would result in the receiver being listed as "lost" by Bell, it would never be activated again because it is not owned by you or Bell, all Rentals are owned by a third party and can ONLY be Rented, never owned. paying Bell over $600 for the receiver does not sound like a good idea to me anyway.

9242's and the earlier 9200's do appear from time to time in the on-line auction sites, so just keep an eye out for one. This Forum has them listed occasionally too.

·
Super Moderator
56,567 Posts
1. We do not discuss illegal activity (fraud) on this forum. Thread closed.

2. The various STBs have been discussed extensively in this forum.

3. Question asked in the incorrect forum and moved to the correct forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.