Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
59,022 Posts
The default is to include the original message with the Reply. If it isn't visible to you, click the three horizontal dots in the bottom left corner of the Reply window.
The above assumes you're using Gmail in a browser. If you're using an e-mail client like Outlook or Mail, there may be a different setting there, although defaults seem to be to include the original, so I'm not sure why your Swedish friend's e-mails don't include the original when doing a reply. Is it possible he's composing a new message instead of replying?

·
Super Moderator
11,317 Posts
What 57 said. Since this is a Chromebook it is most likely Chrome he is using. This also assumes you are using Chrome.

You should look for the three dots and when you hover over it, it will say "Show trimmed content". Like the image below. Then click to expand the original text. I never used Safari for email before so it may vary.

Font Circle Brand Rectangle Logo

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The only thing that is 'lost' is the context to which he's replying. Most people leave or selective edit email 'trials' to keep replies understandable, my friend doesn't. He's old, like me. but stubborn about his inability to 'compute'!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts