Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
201 - 220 of 342 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Working on Vista MCE?

Anyone got the proper Vista MCE settings?

Channel 22-1, freq 8?

Or

Channel 8-1, freq 8?

I'm using the ATI 650 combo PCI express.

Either way I get no picture.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
signal drops

I guess for me it has been droppin from 75% to 20% back up to 70 then 0% then 20% all over then place even now.
This started early this afternoon and it has never done this before so all I can think it is that the bounced signal I am getting is not going to be reliable enough to give me steady results ashame really as it went a long time time with out a blip - awh well it was fun but that pretty well puts the antenna in limbo between a few location tries tomorrow and if no success storage.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes Dan,
I am having complete signal drop out or rather it looks like it's cycling back and forth between ???. I had perfect reception the last couple of days. TSReader lite gives me a "bunmgh" error sound and a "Failed to lock" message. WinTV will display but with huge drop outs as stated.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey Dan... don't throw that antenna into storage just yet. I've got it bouncing all over the place out here in Aldergrove, so it's not local to you... from 5 bars to none. I thought it was just the house being built behind me messing up my signal, as 19.1 is bouncing around for me too (although that one comes from the other direction)... but it's a bit of a relief to hear I'm not the only one finding this problem.

·
Registered
26 Posts
ya dan... it's the same here...saw the beginning of the challenge good and strong... then started dropping off... totally missed the end of it the challenge...and it's up and down right now....

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
signal jumps

Well I just moved the antenna into three locations quicky tests but each gave me the same results the best place right back where I started sounds like a song awh anyways this is the signal jumps before it came on full April the 14 th I think as I don't have line of sight it worried a lot but thanks to all of you I do feel more at ease about this for me the only Canadian DTV I get alot riding on this for me...Thanks for the speedy replies.

·
Registered
26 Posts
well they're definately doing something because CBUT-DT just remapped to 58.8 and KVOS-DT re-mapped to 35.121. don't know if it's related to the signal problems I'm having though

·
OTA Forum Moderator
24,867 Posts
It seems to me that your ATSC tuner lost all its remaps. If it wasn't getting the tables from CHAN-DT during the rescan it probably bailed out on all of them. Just a guess.

Do the remaps come back if you scan again?

·
Registered
26 Posts
stampeder.. you are right about the maps. made sense when CIVT also switched over to 33.2... everything's back now after turning my tv off and then on again.. I've done the same thing as dan... moved my antenna everywhere to try to get a better signal for 22.1. I end up finding a spot with a strong signal for about ten minutes... then i lose it again.

·
Registered
22 Posts
no lock on 22.1

Been acting up all day and been completely off for me since i tried to watch the news at 6pm, fine in the morning 9/10 on my sammy using a CM4228 cant even get it to lock no signal that my TV recognizes

·
Registered
19 Posts
Vista MCE

Xboy:

I'm getting full strength on VISTA MCE using 22.2 and 22 as the frequency. I'm not getting any picture yet most likely due to the PSIP info being incomplete. Give it time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
CHAN-TV

Receiving CHAN-DT on 22_0 in the middle of Kerrisdale, Vancouver, on a Hauppage winTV950 HD tuner with a home made antenna, running under a mythtv / linux PVR. Signal is at 70%, perfect.

I also get CBUT HDTV and CIVT HDTV.

·
OTA Forum Moderator
24,867 Posts
I think the signal jumps are happening at your end, Dan - I've had a signal strength scan going for about 30 minutes and it has been stable (very powerful). The lowest I've seen it drop is to about 88 for a split second, but not often. Here's what it looks like, usually:
Code:
$dtvsignal -dvb 2 22
using '/dev/dvb/adapter2/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter2/demux0'
tuning to 521000000 Hz
video pid 0x0021, audio pid 0x0024
dtvsignal ver 1.0.7 - by Jack Kelliher (c) 2002-2007
channel = 22 freq = 521000000Hz
 30db       0%         25%         50%         75%        100%
Signal:     |     .     :     .     |     ._____:_____._____|
Signal: 094 $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

201 - 220 of 342 Posts
Status