Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 342 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
WOW How unbelievable is this!?!? So we get the Masters in HD this weekend? One can only hope! I am getting a VERY strong signal but it is jumping a bit with some skips. There is also a call letter overlay with channel info and contact info.

WOWOWOWOWOW

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it just shows 22 right now. Also, they are overlaying the image with their call letters. But they are showing a HD program while channel 8 has the SD version.

·
Registered
154 Posts
The signal strength is definitely stronger than CBC out here in Langley for me but like I said I am getting some slight pixelation and skipping every so often. It has seemed to get fewer and farther between in the last little bit, it may be on my end but it is kind of odd.

EDIT:

No guide data as of yet.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have 100% signal for CHAN, same as for CBC while CTV comes in around 70%. I noticed a few skips and some pixellation on 22-2 as well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Global 22.2

Excellent reception here on the east coast of Galiano Island with just a small, indoor Sony parabolic antenna! Finally...

If only the programming was HD!

Still, I'll likely be watching much more of Global now that it is digital OTA.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I've got two setups to report on. My setup, indoor Sharpshooter (specs in signature), pulls in CHAN-DT at 65-70% without moving the antenna ('tho I don't see why I'd need to since Global and CBC are at the same location). I also notice that the audio is 5.1DD. I don't know if it's true DD. I am getting quick audio skipping/dropouts occationally, but as luck would have it, just as I type this out, it's been fine.

Upstairs on my old man's Bravia w/outdoor SquareShooter, it's able to pull CHAN-DT in at 98%. Just as strong as he gets CBC. CTV however is 95%.

Now, they just have to report on Global's news that Global's in HD over-the-air, so that everyone watching hears the news.

·
OTA Forum Moderator
24,878 Posts
Sorry about the poor image quality. Couldn't find wife's digital camera so I had to use my cell phone cam that doesn't let me shut off the flash sometimes...

CHAN-DT and CBUT-DT both come in at 98 on my Sony SXRD while CIVT-DT comes in at 87. All three are clear and solid.

Congratulations and good work, Global Vancouver! :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've got Global in Walnut Grove, booming strong in a basement suite with no shortage of obstacles, at times stronger than CBC, with a bit of fluctuation. CTV, on the other hand, seems to die when the weather's less damp (any ideas why?).

So...anyone know when the text overlay gets removed? J/k, having it operational sure beats SD over cable!

LH

·
Registered
70 Posts
CHAN-DT 22 (22.1) lound and clear here in Nanaimo (Westwood Area) using a Channel master 4228

signal is 90 out of 100 bars with and SNR (db) 30.

(Thanks Global engineering staff.) I was going to go crazy if I had to wait until the 18th.

It looks like their PSIP is not set up correct yet.

My Toshiba TV works excellent with the signal but my OTA in my Expressvu sees a strong signal of 86% but can't lock on to it. I suspect because the PSIP is not being broadcast or it is not configured correctly yet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just called the number on the splash screen and left a message thanking them for broadcasting digitally. It's funny because the answering message says they broadcast on antenna 8 and cable 11. I guess they will have to change that. I also asked them to take down the splash screen.

1 - 20 of 342 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.