Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread will discuss the schedule updates for the Global TV broadcast network from Corus for the 2021-22 broadcast year.

I post schedule updates, series premieres and specials based on press releases as well as series renewals and cancellations as they are announced. I don't usually post on-going episode information, repeats, program descriptions or "PR-speak," so if you want more info, you can click on the associated link.

·
Super Moderator
18,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Global Announces Star-Studded 2021/22 Primetime Lineup
All times are ET and subject to change. New programs bolded. (Dropbox PDF)

Monday
7 p.m. Entertainment Tonight Canada
7:30 p.m. The Neighborhood
8 p.m. 9-1-1
9 p.m. NCIS
10 p.m. NCIS: Hawai’i
11 p.m. Global News at 11
11:35 p.m. The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Tuesday
7 p.m. FBI: Most Wanted
8 p.m. FBI
9 p.m. FBI: International
10 p.m. New Amsterdam

Wednesday
7 p.m. Entertainment Tonight
7:30 p.m. Entertainment Tonight Canada
8 p.m. Survivor
9 p.m. Tough As Nails
10 p.m. CSI: Vegas

Thursday
8 p.m. Family Law
9 p.m. Ghosts
9:30 p.m. United States of Al
10 p.m. Bull

Friday
8 p.m. S.W.A.T.
9 p.m. The Blacklist
10 p.m. Crime Beat

Saturday
7 p.m. The New Reality
7:30 p.m. Border Security
10 p.m. 48 HOURS
11:30 p.m. Saturday Night Live

Sunday
7 p.m. 60 Minutes
8 p.m. The Equalizer
9 p.m. NCIS: Los Angeles
10 p.m. SEAL Team

·
Super Moderator
18,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Series Descriptions for Global’s New Programming (Dropbox PDF)

NEW MIDSEASON SERIES ACQUISITIONS
  • Good Sam
  • Smallwood
  • Come Dance With Me
  • Women of the Movement
  • Abbott Elementary
DAYTIME AND LATE NIGHT
Returning daytime talk show series The Drew Barrymore Show, The Talk, Tamron Hall and Rachael Ray. Soap operas Days of Our Lives and The Young and The Restless also return. New season of The Late Show With Stephen Colbert.

NEWS AND ENTERTAINMENT
Global National
, and local daily newscasts across the country. On weekends, The New Reality on Saturdays, and The West Block on Sundays.

The Morning Show returns with a new season.
ET Canada returns for a 17th season.

A full list of premiere dates and times from Global’s fall lineup will be announced in the coming months.

·
Super Moderator
18,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CBS will give SEAL TEAM a four-episode run on Sunday before it moves to Paramount+, with S.W.A.T. taking the 10:00 PM slot. It's not clear if Global will just air the first 4 episodes of SEAL Team or if they picked up the full season. Regardless, they will probably also move S.W.A.T. to Sunday, freeing up the Friday 8 PM slot for a Blacklist simsub.

----

Big Brother Canada Season 10 Debuts Spring 2022 on Global. (Press Release)

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
Canadian broadcasters often purchase exclusive rights for CBS and Paramount+ (as well as other network) programming in Canada which results in Paramount+ not carrying the shows on its Canadian streaming service. Canadian broadcasters then air the shows on their own network, specialty stations or streaming services. If Global follows CBS's lead then Seal Team could end up on Stack TV.

·
Super Moderator
18,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is The Blacklist more profitable than S.W.A.T.?
When CBS moves S.W.A.T. to Sunday, Global will probably simsub it. That's the most profitable for Global. They can move Blacklist to S.W.A.T.'s old Friday timeslot and simsub that as well.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Ah, yes. If S.W.AT. moves, of course Global will follow suit if the slot is available. I was thinking about a situation if S.W.A.T. and The Backlist are in the same slot.

·
Super Moderator
18,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tamron Hall season three premieres on Monday, Sept. 6. (Source)

The Drew Barrymore Show returns to air September 13 with a fully vaccinated live audience. (Deadline)

Season 2 of Departure launches August 5 on Peacock with all six episodes. (Source) The series is a Corus production which will air season 2 later this year on Global.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Global BC seems to be airing "Late Show with Stephen Colbert" at 12:05am the past three nights although the show has returned with new episodes this week.

·
Super Moderator
18,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The new hour-long ET Canada Weekend, hosted by Sangita Patel, will air Saturdays at 7:30 p.m. on Global, beginning September 18th. ET Canada will premiere its 17th season on Tuesday September 7, airing weeknights at 7:30 p.m. ET/ 7 p.m. PT on Global. (Press Release)

·
Super Moderator
18,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Global’s Fall 2021 Primetime Premieres
All times are ET/PT unless otherwise noted and subject to change. New programs bolded.
See the Dropbox PDF for New Series Descriptions

Tuesday, September 7
7:30 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT ET Canada (Season 17 premiere)

Sunday, September 12
7:30 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT 60 Minutes (Season 54 premiere; regular time is 7:00 p.m. depending on
NFL schedule)

Wednesday, September 15
9 p.m. ET Canada’s Fall TV Special

Friday, September 17
9 p.m. Family Law (Series debut; special sneak peek Thursday, September 16 at 10 p.m.)

Saturday, September 18
7:30 p.m. ET Canada Weekend (Series debut)
10 p.m. 48 Hours (Season 35 premiere)

Monday, September 20
7:30 p.m. The Neighborhood (Season 4 premiere) (ET only until Monday, September 27)
8 p.m. 9-1-1 (Season 5 premiere) (ET only until Monday, September 27)
9 p.m. NCIS (Season 19 premiere) (ET only until Monday, September 27)

Tuesday, September 21
7 p.m. New Amsterdam (Season 4 premiere; moves to 10 p.m. September 28)
8 p.m. FBI (Season 4 premiere)
9 p.m. FBI: Most Wanted (Season 3 premiere; moves to 7 p.m. September 28)
10 p.m. FBI: International (Series debut; moves to 9 p.m. September 28)

Wednesday, September 22
8 p.m. Survivor (Season 41 premiere; special two-hour premiere)

Sunday, September 26
9 p.m. NCIS: Hawai’i (Series debut part one)

Monday, September 27
10 p.m. NCIS: Hawai’i (Series debut part two in regular timeslot)

Friday, October 1
8 p.m. S.W.A.T. (Season 5 premiere)
10 p.m. Crime Beat (Season 3 premiere)

Wednesday, October 6
9 p.m. Tough As Nails (Season 3 premiere)
10 p.m. CSI: Vegas (Series debut)

Thursday, October 7
9 p.m. Ghosts (Series debut)
9:30 p.m. United States of Al (Season 2 premiere)
10 p.m. Bull (Season 6 premiere)

Sunday, October 10
8 p.m. The Equalizer (Season 2 premiere)
9 p.m. NCIS: Los Angeles (Season 13 premiere)
10 p.m. SEAL Team (Season 5 premiere)

Thursday, October 21
8 p.m. The Blacklist (Season 8 premiere)

The press release mentions that The Blacklist is on a new day and time (Thursday, Oct. 21 at 8 p.m. ET/PT) to match NBC.

·
Super Moderator
18,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Global will air a one-hour documentary special Disruption: 20 Years of Global National on September 10 at 8 p.m. MT/AT, 9 p.m. CT and 10 p.m. ET/PT. (Press Release)

·
Super Moderator
18,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Entertainment Tonight Canada premieres its 17th season tonight at 7:30 p.m. ET/ 7 p.m. PT and will deliver around the clock coverage of the 2021 Toronto International Film Festival, both on-air and online at etcanada.com, On Thursday, Sept. 30, ET Canada recognizes the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation, broadcasting a half-hour special, ET Canada presents Artists & Icons: Indigenous Entertainers in Canada. Half- hour special, ET Canada: On Set Of Family Law, will air this October. See the full press release for more details.

----

The Late Show With Stephen Colbert premieres tonight. The Talk and Rachael Ray premiere Monday, September 13.

·
Super Moderator
18,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Shaftesbury announced today that season three of Departure has begun production in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Toronto. Produced in association with Corus Entertainment, the series will see the addition of Eric McCormack, along with the return of Archie Panjabi and Kris Holden-Ried. (Corus Press Release) Global has yet to announce a premiere date for season 2, which was released in August on Peacock.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
For New Amsterdam fans I didn't notice this when Dr. Dave posted it but I saw it on our Shaw Direct listings just now:

That's tonight, really early.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
For New Amsterdam fans I didn't notice this when Dr. Dave posted it but I saw it on our Shaw Direct listings just now:

That's tonight, really early.
I noticed this post Wednesday morning and actually watched this on my pvr (NBC) Wednesday night.
I guess that's why Shaw didn't simsub.

·
Super Moderator
18,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
FBI: Most Wanted airs at 7 p.m. ET beginning September 28 (11 p.m. CT on Global Winnipeg)

The series premiere of the new comedy Ghosts will now have a one-hour debut on Thursday, Oct. 7, 9:01-10:00 PM. Global will simsub United States of Al at 8:31 p.m. ET, followed by Ghosts.

The Neighborhood, which usually airs Mondays at 7:30 p.m. ET on Global TV (11 p.m. CT on Global Winnipeg) will show the Oct. 4 episode on Thursday, Oct. 7 at 8:00 p.m. ET. (7 p.m. CT)

----

The Canadian Country Music Association Awards will broadcast live this November on Global. See this article for the nominees.

·
Super Moderator
18,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Global News announced in this last-minute press release that its made-in Canada current affairs program, The New Reality, returned for its second season premiere October 2 at 7 p.m. locally on Global.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts