Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
The problem with being on after the Superbowl is that the actual time is not set. It varies with the time the post game festivities take. I rarely watch the game. I'm a fan of The Blacklist but I'm not going to waste time waiting around for it to start. Nor can I set my PVR as I don't know what starting time to program. My hope is that the new episode shown after the game will be repeated on Feb. 5. Sometimes the networks do that.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Reidw, can you set your DVR to just record a certain channel at a certain time (regardless of the program), and end it at a (much later) time? So have it start recording whatever channel Global is on at 10pm and have it end at around 1am. Then the next day you can just fast-forward to when The Blacklist starts.

·
Super Moderator
16,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Global will show season 2 of Vikings on Saturdays at 8:00PM and 9:00PM (2 episodes per night) beginning Jan. 17. The 10 episodes will end just in time for season 3 airing on History February 19.

·
Super Moderator
16,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
The Blacklist post-Super Bowl schedule and ratings

As an indication of the post-Super Bowl ratings boost, here are the U.S. and Canadian overnight ratings for The Blacklist in millions of viewers. I compared the Nov. 3 broadcast since I was able to find Canadian overnight ratings for that date (Numeris publically publishes Canadian 7-day ratings).

Date .................. U.S. Canada
Mon 11/03/2014 9.300 1.380
Sun 02/01/2015 25.720 .929

Note that Global scheduled The Blacklist for 10:15 and followed that schedule, while NBC didn't start the show until after the post-game at 10:38. Since there wasn't a simsub, Numeris would only have counted the Global ratings and not the NBC viewers. Note that U.S. viewers went from 9.3 for a typical broadcast to over 25 million, while Canada went down since the NBC viewers weren't counted.

As jeffaustin90 pointed out, there isn't usually much long-term benefit, but it certainly helps for that one night. Also kudos to Global for following the schedule for all the people who recorded the program, even though they gave up the simsub and a lot of viewers for the commercials that pay for the program.

Sources: http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/the-blacklist-season-two-ratings-34004/
http://brioux.tv/2014/11/the-week-in-canada-november-3-9/
http://brioux.tv/2015/02/super-bowl-overnights-indicate-most-watched-ever/

·
Super Moderator
16,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
To celebrate the 40th anniversary of Saturday Night Live, Global is airing the star-studded red carpet show at 7 pm ET/PT Sunday, February 15, followed by the SNL 40th Anniversary Special at 8 pm ET/PT.

Full Press Release.

·
Super Moderator
16,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Simpsons weekend marathon

Global TV is offering a chance to vote for your favourite episode of The Simpsons at www.globaltv.com/thesimpsons. The campaign launched February 16 with an online fan vote, starting with 64 episodes to choose from. The final 16 episodes will air on Saturday, March 7 and Sunday March 8, from 1pm to 5pm ET/PT.

Full Press Release.

·
Super Moderator
16,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Global and Second City go for comedy gold with a fresh take on sketch comedy with The Second City Project, launching on Globaltv.com and Global Go. Beginning today, an onslaught of comedic sketches invade social networks, such as Vine, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube, before culminating in a must-see broadcast special on April 19 at 8:30 pm ET/PT on Global.

Full Press Release

·
Super Moderator
16,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Global's spring/summer schedule:

ROOKIE BLUE, SEASON 6 - Thursday, May 21 at 9 pm ET/PT

BIG BROTHER,SEASON 17 - Wednesday, June 24 at 8 pm ET/PT
Season 17 debuts with a special two-night premiere on Wednesday, June 24 and Thursday, June 25, both in the 8 pm ET/PT timeslot. The Thursday edition, featuring the live eviction show hosted by Julie Chen, moves to its regular time period on July 2 - 9 pm ET/PT. The Sunday nomination day premieres June 28 - 8 pm ET/PT.

UNDER THE DOME - Thursday, June 25 at 9 pm ET/PT
Under the Dome returns for its third season with a special two-hour premiere on its new night, Thursday, June 25 (9-11 pm ET/PT). It moves to its regular time period on Thursday, July 2 and airs in the 10 pm ET/PT timeslot.

EXTANT, SEASON 2 - Wednesday, July 1 at 10 pm ET/PT

FOOD FIGHTERS, SEASON 2 - Thursday, July 2 - 8 pm ET/PT

RUNNING WILD WITH BEAR GRYLLS, SEASON 2 - Monday, July 13 - 10 pm ET/PT

Full Press Release.

Note: Rookie Blue doesn't start until Thursday, June 25 on ABC - all other shows are simulcast with the U.S. networks.

·
Super Moderator
16,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I updated the summer schedule to clarify conflicts. Rookie Blue will only conflict with Under The Dome's two-hour premiere on Thursday, June 25. However, the Big Brother live eviction show will start on July 2 at 9 pm, so Global will probably move Rookie Blue to a different night since Food Fighters is at 8 pm.. Note that Rookie Blue only has 11 episodes left and this may be the end of the series.

·
Super Moderator
5,064 Posts
These are a few of the last episodes of season 1 for Stalker.

The series isn't expected to be renewed.

·
Super Moderator
16,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Global News is changing the face of its newscasts, announcing today a dynamic new line-up of seasoned journalists. The changes will start rolling out with The Morning Show beginning, Tuesday, May 19 and will be phased in throughout the summer.

Full Press Release.

·
Super Moderator
16,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Global TV will show season 2 of Continuum beginning Monday June 1 at 8PM ET. Continuum season 2 originally aired on Showcase in 2013.

·
Super Moderator
16,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Global has quietly added The Briefcase Wednesday May 27 at 10:00PM after the 2-hour season finale of Big Brother Canada. The program moves to its regular time period at 8:00PM on June 3rd (s-CBS).

41 - 60 of 74 Posts