Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I see 2 episodes for season 10 of American Dad on Global's schedule for Sunday Sept. 14. I haven't seen anything official yet, so it probably means that Global will just show the short season.

According to this article, that leaves 1 episode for Sunday Sept. 21.

·
Super Moderator
16,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I just checked Global's schedule and they've decided not to air the final episodes of American Dad, so they will only be available on Fox.

·
Super Moderator
16,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I noticed that the finale of Under the Dome is being moved to 8pm Eastern on Monday so that Global can show the season premiere of The Blacklist at 10pm. CBS will still show Under the Dome at the regular time (10pm).

Also note that Global will simsub the CBS reality TV schedule on Wednesday September 24:

8:00PM: Survivor - 90 MINUTE SEASON PREMIERE
9:30PM: Big Brother - 90 MINUTE SEASON FINALE

·
Super Moderator
16,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Global will be simsubbing CBS tonight, rather than following their regular schedule. Since CBS had football overtime, all following shows will be delayed on Global as well. I copied this from www.globaltv.com.

Madam Secretary
New series premieres tonight 9:04 et/8 pt
The Good Wife will follow at 10:04ET/9:04CT/9PT.

With Global's policy of precise simsubs, it looks like recording the CBS west coast feed is the most reliable way to get the correct program.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Hey Doc, thanks for the warning. Is this a one week only deal or continuous? I always recorded The Good Wife on Global exactly because of NFL games always went over allocated time on CBS when CBS had double header and Global played it on-time without simsub.

If this is not just for this week I guess I need to record on West feed. I never watch other Sunday night shows live as I watch SNF at that time. Without your warning I would have lost the season premiere of The Good Wife.

·
Super Moderator
16,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
My understanding is that Global's policy is to simsub the shows on Sunday night, even if football overruns throw them off-schedule.

The safest thing to do is record the West feed, which won't be affected.

·
Super Moderator
16,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
hercules130, I think Parenthood will move to Saturdays at 10 ET on Global starting Nov. 1 (post-release). There are only 13 episodes this year.

·
Super Moderator
16,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
My understanding is that Global's policy is to simsub the shows on Sunday night, even if football overruns throw them off-schedule.
It looks like someone at Global came to their senses. They are scheduling Madam Secretary and The Good Wife at their regular times this Sunday, even though CBS is scheduling them a half hour later and may delay them even more if football runs longer.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Well, their loss. I was rather upset with the first week shenanigans, I cancelled my scheduled series for both shows on CKMI and set the series at later time on KIRO. And that will go for the whole season. It is for the better, though. I now have The Simpsons, Brooklyn Nine-Nine and, starting next week, The Walking Dead in their stead.

·
Super Moderator
16,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
The two-hour 2014 Canada’s Walk of Fame Tribute Show airs Friday, December 19 – 8 pm ET/PT on Global.

Global’s The Morning Show to Host First Ever Fan Zone During the Yellow Carpet Arrivals and Star Unveilings Saturday, October 18.

Full Press Release.

·
Super Moderator
16,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Global’s 2014 complete holiday lineup

Tuesday, December 9 – 10pm ET/PT
Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show

Monday, December 15 – 9pm ET/PT
Greatest Holiday Commercial Countdown

Friday, December 19 – 8pm ET/PT
Canada’s Walk of Fame

Saturday, December 20 – 7pm ET/PT
Dear Santa

Saturday, December 20 - 9pm ET/PT
Trading Christmas

Sunday, December 21 – 7pm ET/PT
Johnny Reid: A Christmas Gift To You

Sunday, December 21 – 8pm ET/PT
Mr. Magoo’s Christmas Carol

Sunday, December 21 – 9pm ET/PT
A Christmas Carol

Tuesday, December 23 – 8pm ET/PT
The Polar Express

Wednesday, December 24 – 8pm ET/PT
The Smurfs

Thursday, December 25 – 8pm ET/PT
Elf on The Shelf

Thursday, December 25 – 8:30pm ET/PT
How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Friday, December 26 – 8pm ET/PT
Holiday Switch

Wednesday, December 31 – 8pm ET/PT
Friends with Benefits

Wednesday, December 31 – 10pm (local time)
ET Canada’s New Year’s Eve at Niagara Falls

Full Press Release.

KEITH URBAN TO HEADLINE ET CANADA’S SUPERCHARGED NEW YEAR’S EVE BASH

·
Super Moderator
16,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
NCIS: LA gets the simsub starting Monday Jan.5. Here's the schedule:

8:00 PM State of Affairs (pre-NBC)
9:00 PM Sleepy Hollow (s-FOX)
9:59 PM NCIS: Los Angeles (s-CBS)

NBC scheduled State of Affairs in the old Blacklist time slot, but it hasn't been doing very well in the ratings. In Canada, the first 4 episodes only made the Numeris Top 30 twice, near the bottom. In the U.S., the show really dropped last Monday, so Numeris probably had similar results.

I got the times from Zap2it.com, so you may have to watch for simsub problems at 10 PM, since Sleepy Hollow runs until 10 PM on FOX, but NCIS: Los Angeles starts at 9:59 PM on CBS.

·
Super Moderator
16,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Global's midseason schedule

Monday, January 5
8 pm – State of Affairs
9 pm – Sleepy Hollow
10 pm – NCIS: LA

Tuesday, January 6
8 pm – NCIS
9 pm – NCIS: New Orleans
10 pm – Chicago Fire

Wednesday, January 7
8 pm – Chicago PD
9 pm – People's Choice Awards

Thursday, January 8
8 pm – The Celebrity Apprentice
10 pm – Elementary

Friday, January 9
8 pm – About A Boy
8:30 pm – Marry Me

Saturday, January 10
10 pm – Parenthood

Wednesday, January 14
10 pm – Stalker

Friday, January 16
8 pm – Constantine

Sunday, January 25
8 pm – Screen Actors Guild Awards

Sunday, February 1
10 pm – The Blacklist*
*The Blacklist will move to its new timeslot – 9 pm ET/PT on Thursdays – beginning February 5

Monday, February 23
8 pm – The Night Shift

Wednesday, February 25
8 pm – Survivor

Sunday March 1
10 pm – Battle Creek

Full Press Release.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Sunday, February 1
10 pm – The Blacklist*
*The Blacklist will move to its new timeslot – 9 pm ET/PT on Thursdays – beginning February 5

Its moving from Monday to Sunday and then Thursday??? What are these people doing?? I don't mean Global i'm sur e its not their fault its the American network but what are they thinking???

·
Super Moderator
16,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
NBC is putting The Blacklist after the Super Bowl on Feb. 1 - prime spot for blockbuster ratings.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts