Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is no thread for theatrical productions so I put this here. This play is advertised as extremely scary and not to be seen by those under 14. The ads all show people screaming at the London version. It is NOT scary. Not in the slightest. The story was ok but I was not scared and didn't jump once. Barely any applause at the end so I think everyone in the audience felt the same. Waste of money.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I don't agree. We saw it last Sunday, and it was OK. Not a great production, but not bad for a topic that is difficult to present in live theatre.

We are spoiled by the amazing special effects of TV and movies. Doing the same on stage is a different matter. Quite a few people jumped at one time or another during the show.

The stories themselves were not as well presented as I had expected, and the ending was just puzzling. There were some really neat effects, which I don't wish to describe since they are spoilers, but well done.

This is not be best show I have seen, but it was not a waste of money. Not sure if I would recommend it to anyone unless they enjoy live theatre and keep their expectations in check.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts