Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all,
Lots of studying here, but my 1st post. If my spelling is a bit off, I'm from south of the border.
I'm building a GH6 and am ready to build the boom. I was looking at the plans and discovered a variance in the design. One plan shows 44mm spacing between the driven elements. Another plan shows 150mm.
Can anyone clear this up for me?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've looked at even more GH6 designs on the web to find that this measurement is all over the place. I guess I'll have to study each one.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Nikiml’s webpage will let you see/measure the differences between designs using nec2 viewer. That might be handy for you to look into...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
That viewer script should help you figure out the answer to your question. Different lengths/spacing cause different resonances within the antenna is how I understand things, and I’m probably mistaken or misstating things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome. I completed it last week and tested it in the back yard. All good. Today I put it up on the roof. I get a strong signal on all the networks. I even drew in a couple of stations that I didn't expect.
Thank you to everyone that has done the research in the past and had it posted here.
I would post a picture, but it's way too complicated for this old dog.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts