Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
when constructing the DBGH...

would it be easier to use 300ohm antenna wire - the kind with the two wires in the vinyl jacket - to make the feeder lines? it seems like there might be more error involved bending heavy guage wire used for the elements, so i was thinking of just using the cable as i have some anyway.

i was going to run one cable as a feeder line connecting the two antennas, and then splice a second cable into the middle of the first one and run it to the preamp

----

i was also thinkiing of putting some small pieces of heat shrink tubing over the copper elements at the point they touch any screws holding the antenna together to help prevent corrosion unless that would affect the reception.

----

final question is on antenna spacing. i have a seperate vhf antenna and was wondering what is the closest distance i can have it on the same pole. was thinking of mounting it a few inches underneath the DBGH, 5 element yaggi 7inches long

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
would it be easier to use 300ohm antenna wire - the kind with the two wires in the vinyl jacket - to make the feeder lines? it seems like there might be more error involved bending heavy guage wire used for the elements, so i was thinking of just using the cable as i have some anyway.
Using 300ohm wire will work, but the question is always how much it will affect performance. That hasnt been modeled yet. You want to maintain a consistant distance above the elements and thats almost impossible with plastic encased twin lead. Good phasing lines are very key to performance on the DBGH. I used open wire 300ohm twin lead on mine while I was readjusting the phasing lines, but thats completely different stuff. Also if using a feeder gap larger than the original plans, the phasing gap should be wider. Ive modeled my 88mm feed gap DBGH and will post the results of my phasing line spacing in a couple of days after some real world testing.
i was also thinkiing of putting some small pieces of heat shrink tubing over the copper elements at the point they touch any screws holding the antenna together to help prevent corrosion unless that would affect the reception.
If the heatshrink tubing doesnt slip, that will work. If it slips, the elements will turn defeating the purpose of screw. Oversize triangle homemade plexiglass/thick plastic washers are another easy option. Also dont insulate the electrical connection points.
final question is on antenna spacing. i have a seperate vhf antenna and was wondering what is the closest distance i can have it on the same pole. was thinking of mounting it a few inches underneath the DBGH, 5 element yaggi 7inches long
You mean 7 foot long, heh. It would be better if it were least a couple of feet apart, for the performance of both antennas.

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Ive had my SBGH as per my plans in my signature below up for a couple of weeks now for testing. Its amazing how fast new copper tarnishes on a roof, heh.

Its actually very sturdy with just that one chimney mount and doesnt wiggle much in a strong wind. Part of my 12 pair colinear rod DBGH is shown on the other side of the chimney.

And this SBGH definately feels like its following the model very very closely. I can really notice that drop off after channel 55, its significant. (when I made my first SBGH which eventually became that DBGH part of which is shown, it performed better on the higher frequencies than the model for reasons I have yet to explain. But Im happy that it does, as right now I need those channels in my NorthEast direction) Right now, this SBGH is pointed in the SSW direction so I get my Salisbury MD stations and I now get them all at 90% or better. For a while I had it in the Washington DC direction and was able to pull in DC stations from 80 miles away fairly consistantly. I have the antennas with separate RG6 cables coming into the house to an RF A-B switch for quick changing between them. I like this arrangement much better than a slow rotor.

·
Registered
154 Posts
New Idea For SBGH and DBGH

My friend wanted me to throw out the following to the developers of this antenna to see what they think.

"There is one other item I'd like to suggest to them in their G-H designs- even though terrestrial TV is going away above ch. 51, there is a company that bought the rights to use channel 55 nationwide for some sort of mobile digital TV, IIRC. I'd appreciate it if they would redesign it so the gain wouldn't roll off til past channel 58* so anyone using these could also use it for this other service. Please pass this idea on to them."

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
300ohm, thanks for the great plans! The only change I made was I used 3/4 pvc since I already had a few elbows and t's laying around.
Thanks, even though I got most of the ideas from DogT and WYSRTV9. The triangle plexiglass washers are my idea, though. Yeah, I figured about $25 if everything had to be purchased. 3/4 inch pipe and fittings will make it even more stiff, at more expense though. It still should be mounted to a sturdy mast, even though I havent done that to mine yet and it seems to be fine. Giving the pipe one coat of cheap flat (I use flat black so its less noticible to the eye, but the plumbing pvc association recommends a light color for longevity) spray paint will increase the life of the pvc pipe outdoors, just dont paint the elements (at least not at the electrical connection points).

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Your thoughts?
Generally, the smaller the total bandwidth, the greater the gain the antenna can be designed for. For specific uses, like what is being planned for the old uhf channels, a high gain yagi cut for that specific frequency would be best IMO.

Mobile TV by its nature is going to require an omnidirectional antenna or a smart antenna. (or a rotor that tracks the signal ?) As such, I expect the range to be limited.

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
5/8 inch marking jig

Since the plans in my sig call for pushing the 1/2 inch pvc pipe into the 1/2 inch pvc fittings 5/8 of an inch, heres an easy to make jig for marking all the ends of the pipe. (note 1)

Just screw or nail two pieces of wood together as shown and drill a hole about the diameter of a pencil so that the point of the pencil is 5/8 inches away from the end of the block. Then simply roll the pvc pipe against the edge of the block and the pencil. As there are many pvc pieces, this saves quite a bit of time.

I cut all the pvc pieces for the SBGH per my plans (to make it into a DBGH) using a hand saw in about an hour taking my time. If I had used my bandsaw with stop block jigs, it would have taken maybe 20 minutes, heh.

Note 1 - If you want to use 3/4 inch pvc pipe instead of 1/2 inch, it should be pushed in 3/4 of an inch into the 3/4 inch fittings for a tight fit. That would mean increasing the cutting sizes of all the 3/4 inch pvc pipe by 1/4 inch (1/8 + 1/8)

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
DBGH Phasing Line compensation

For best performance, the phasing lines on the DBGH should be exactly equal to the nearest millimeter or even closer. That means measuring and cutting/filing the phasing line before bending it while the wire is still perfectly straight. If you like to have solid loop connections for the DBGH phasing lines like I do, some compensation is needed. I have measured out the additional amount of phasing line needed based on 10 gauge copper and a 3/16 inch diameter connection point.

For the full 360 degree connection loop I use in the middle of the phasing line, exactly 1 inch (25.4mm) would need to be added to the phasing line, based on 10 gauge copper wire and wrapping it around a 3/16 inch nail (16 penny I believe).

For the 270 degree connection loop used at the ends of the phasing line, exactly .65 inch (21/32 inch)(16.51mm) would be needed to be added to the phasing line, based on 10 gauge copper wire and wrapping it around a 3/16 inch nail (16 penny I believe). I used one of these at each end to connect to the SBGH feed points.

If using different size wire or different hole diameters, youll have to figure out different compensation lengths.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Giving the pipe one coat of cheap flat (I use flat black so its less noticible to the eye, but the plumbing pvc association recommends a light color for longevity) spray paint will increase the life of the pvc pipe outdoors, just dont paint the elements (at least not at the electrical connection points).
300 ohm. One of my first questions on this board related to using wood for the antenna parts. I remember a couple of guys saying that if I use wood, don't paint it with latex paint, only a high shellac oil based paint. What is the base of the spray paint you use? And does it not matter since you are painting pvc instead of wood?

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
What is the base of the spray paint you use? And does it not matter since you are painting pvc instead of wood?
The cheap stuff I use is basically toulene, acetones, ketones and laqueurs based. Those nasty chemicals dissipate out of the paint when it dries, leaving behind the non conductive enamel pigment. Latex paint though, "breathes" and allows moisture to pass back and forth thru the paint. That allows Latex paint to last longer as long as it maintains its adhesion. (or so says the advertising on some cans, heh.)

Lightweight rot resistant wood, like red cedar or balsa etc would be good to use for all parts of the antenna except for the parts where the elements are in contact. But of course those woods arent cheap. (and other rot resistant woods like teak, white(not red)oak, black locust are heavy)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thanks, that makes sense about the paint. I was concerned about using spray paint for fear it would interact with the elements in a negative way. Ever since my first build, I always keep the elements off of any wood that I use.

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Ever since my first build, I always keep the elements off of any wood that I use.
Actually there are simple, cheap ways to offset that problem. For example, styrofoam under anywhere the elements touch the wood. Styrofoam is very close to the conductivity of air. Cant ask for much better or cheaper than the disposeable container that meat comes in, heh.

On another note, I noticed that my local Lowes sells the electrical 1/2 inch sch 40 for $1.09 for a 10 ft piece versus $1.69 for a 10 ft piece of water grade 1/2 inch sch 40. And on the electrical sch 40 its marked " for above and below ground use" so that implies outdoor UV durability. So for those 2 reasons I would recommend using it in my SBGH plans instead of the water grade stuff (unless you plan to drink beer from your antenna, heh). It will knock off another $1.20 from my estimate to build the antenna.

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
Does this board have a photo hosting feature?
Nope. You have to upload your image to a place like imageshack and then use the "insert image" icon in the "reply to thread" to direct link to it.
Remember to compress your image to 100K or less for 56K modem users.

Note 1 - If you want to use 3/4 inch pvc pipe instead of 1/2 inch, it should be pushed in 3/4 of an inch into the 3/4 inch fittings for a tight fit. That would mean increasing the cutting sizes of all the 3/4 inch pvc pipe by 1/4 inch (1/8 + 1/8)
Heh, I just noticed some of the newer 3/4 inch pvc pipe fittings I have can only be pushed in 5/8ths of an inch. So if you have those, no changes need to be made. You need to test fit with 3/4 inch stuff to see which ones you have.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi Folks,

You folks have really caught on fire since Autofils project update back on August 3, 2008 (see http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=85987&page=8). So many post in the last two weeks. WOW!

I have been over in the "Modeling" thread trying to learn a little bit about 4NEC2. Now, I might be in the first grade. Most of you are in high school. And as for Autofils, I think he is doing post graduate work. Go Autofils Go!

The amount of work in first and second generation Gray-Hoverman threads are amazing. I am trying to catch up with you guys, but have a very long ways to go.

I was reading one of the earlier post by 300ohm about construction materials. For outside antennas, PVC pipes to support the antenna elements seems to be the standard. For indoor/attic antennas, wood structures are common as it is unlikely to get wet inside. A long time ago before PVC pipes, I remember reading somewhere about that folks boiled white oak members in parafin. Today, I suspect sealing the dry wood supports with polyurithane is good enough??? I am thinking about purchasing 1 1/2" X 3/4" X 8' pine strips to build the supporting structure for the antenna grid. What do you think?

I went over to Home Depot today looking at materials to build a Gray Hoverman antenna. Number 6 uninsulated solid copper wire used for grounding looked impressive and it is pretty stiff. I am thinking quarter inch OD copper tubing might be easier to work? What would you recommend?

I also looked at nuts and bolt to hold everything together. I am thinking I can get a better electrical connection between the active elements and a 300 to 75 ohm balums by putting copper to copper and compressing the crap out of the connection with a few washers, nuts and bolts. Then I remembered somebody saying how everything metal within one or two wavelengths of the antenna becomes part of the antenna. LOL. Has anybody modeled the nuts and bolts or screws that hold everything together? Oh yes... I found a collection of nylon nuts and bolts. Do you think that would be worth considering or maybe nylon ties would do the trick?

Your suggestions and comments are appreciated,
DTV Student

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
A long time ago before PVC pipes, I remember reading somewhere about that folks boiled white oak members in parafin. Today, I suspect sealing the dry wood supports with polyurithane is good enough??? I am thinking about purchasing 1 1/2" X 3/4" X 8' pine strips to build the supporting structure for the antenna grid. What do you think?
Heh, boiled white oak in parafin is heavy and messy. Polyurethane is much better. White oak was chosen because its very rot resistant, unlike red oak. You can tell white oak lumber from red oak by sucking on the ends. Red oak allows air to come thru, white oak doesnt. However, look at sch 40 pvc electrical conduit, its $1.09 per 10ft length, cheap as 1 1/2" X 3/4" X 8' pine strips. Gluing is not necessary, one small screw can hold the fittings fine. And if you change your mind about the antenna design in the future, the fittings can be reused.
Number 6 uninsulated solid copper wire used for grounding looked impressive and it is pretty stiff. I am thinking quarter inch OD copper tubing might be easier to work? What would you recommend?
I would rather work with #6 copper wire, its a little easier. #4 is tough to work with. It really depends on your skill and muscles, heh. Soft tubing you have to straighten out using a different technique. The correct size coiled plumbing springs work well, and then with a vice and mallet, gently tap to perfection.
I am thinking I can get a better electrical connection between the active elements and a 300 to 75 ohm balums by putting copper to copper and compressing the crap out of the connection with a few washers, nuts and bolts.
Thats what I do, but dont compress the crap out of the connection, youll weaken and break the wires and strip the bolts, heh. I also use copper washers, which I have but are hard to find in stores. Earlier in this thread I posted a galvanic corrosion chart for various metals, you may want to take a look at that for metal to metal contact.
Then I remembered somebody saying how everything metal within one or two wavelengths of the antenna becomes part of the antenna. LOL. Has anybody modeled the nuts and bolts or screws that hold everything together?
Nope youre welcome to try. These antennas are modeled in a "free space" environment. Adding metal near the elements deviates from the model. How much performance is affected, hard to say and would of course vary with each builder and the bolts/screws he chooses, but it does deviate from the model. If extra metal is used like screws, its best to have them behind the reflector and small. Of course to hold the active elements in place, screws and bolts must be used, but dont go overboard with super large and long sizes, heh. I have been using #10 screws and bolts, just long enough to get the job done. #8 would be fine too, but #6 is on the small dinky side for holding.

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 · (Edited)
300ohm's SBGH Curved Mesh Reflector

OK, heres my mesh reflector data. It took me a lot of trials to get the mesh version to perform at the level of Autofils 10 pair colinear rod model, his colinear pair version is that good. I tried many different mesh sizes and reflector gap spacings, making the mesh look like the outline of the SBGH GH rod model, and many more options. The best one I came up with (so far, but Im going to build this model) was the curved mesh reflector model with the orig 100mm reflector to element spacing and original 1 inch reflector gap spacing. A flat reflector of this size gave about 1db less gain. Increasing the reflector gap spacing resulted in that dip in the gain curve getting deeper in that ch 31-32 area with no increase in gain with the mesh models. The original reflector to element spacing also gave the best gain on the mesh. The elements are also bent forward 1 inch (the stub end bent forward an additional 1/2 inch)Top net gain is at (ch 35-36) 602 Mhz 16.0329 dbi (raw gain 16.13 dbi). Bottom net gain on the chart is at 692 Mhz 6.49 dbi (raw gain 8.33 dbi). So if you have channels above 45 that you want, you would be better off building a different, smaller version. Also this thing is large, the DBGH version of it will be a monster, heh.

The charts are with an AGT test of 1.0 and no segment or geometry errors.

A 3D picture of the model :

The Gain Curve Chart :

The Standing Wave Ratio Curve Chart:

The Impedence Curve Chart:

And the nec file :
Darn, I cant post the nec file because of the forums 17,500 character limit. The nec file is 32,300+ characters. So Ill split it into 2 posts. Heres the beginning to Tag 600 :

CM SBGH Gen2 GH10 2X4 Curved Mesh Reflector
CM 1 inch Bent Forward Elements, (1 1/2" for stubs) 1 inch Reflector Gap
CM 100mm Reflector to Element Spacing
CM 10 gauge Copper Wire, Element dimensions per GH10 plans
CE
GW 1 9 3.94 -1.8701575 0 3.94 1.87 0 0.03543307
GW 2 19 3.94 1.87 0 4.94 8.28732282 6.417323 0.05094856
GW 3 19 4.94 8.28732282 6.417323 3.94 1.87 12.834646 0.05094856
GW 4 19 3.94 1.87 12.834646 4.94 8.28732282 19.251969 0.05094856
GW 5 9 4.94 8.28732282 19.251969 5.44 11.9881102 19.251969 0.05094856
GW 6 19 3.94 1.87 0 4.94 8.28732282 -6.417323 0.05094856
GW 7 19 4.94 8.28732282 -6.417323 3.94 1.87 -12.834646 0.05094856
GW 8 19 3.94 1.87 -12.834646 4.94 8.28732282 -19.251969 0.05094856
GW 9 9 4.94 8.28732282 -19.251969 5.44 11.9881102 -19.251969 0.05094856
GW 10 19 3.94 -1.8701575 0 4.94 -8.2874803 6.417323 0.05094856
GW 11 19 4.94 -8.2874803 6.417323 3.94 -1.8701575 12.834646 0.05094856
GW 12 19 3.94 -1.8701575 12.834646 4.94 -8.2874803 19.251969 0.05094856
GW 13 9 4.94 -8.2874803 19.251969 5.44 -11.988267 19.251969 0.05094856
GW 14 38 3.94 -1.8701575 0 4.94 -8.2875 -6.417323 0.05094856
GW 15 38 4.94 -8.2875 -6.417323 3.94 -1.8701575 -13 0.05094856
GW 16 19 3.94 -1.8701575 -13 4.94 -8.2874803 -19.25 0.05094856
GW 17 9 4.94 -8.2874803 -19.25 5.44 -11.988267 -19.251969 0.05094856
GW 34 9 0 -6 31 0 -2 31 0.05095079
GW 36 9 0 2 31 0 6 31 0.05095079
GW 37 9 0 6 31 0.5 10 31 0.05095079
GW 38 9 0.5 10 31 1.5 14 31 0.05095079
GW 39 9 1.5 14 31 3.5 18 31 0.05095079
GW 46 9 0 -6 29 0 -2 29 0.05095079
GW 48 9 0 2 29 0 6 29 0.05095079
GW 49 9 0 6 29 0.5 10 29 0.05095079
GW 50 9 0.5 10 29 1.5 14 29 0.05095079
GW 51 9 1.5 14 29 3.5 18 29 0.05095079
GW 52 9 3.5 18 29 5.5 22 29 0.05095079
GW 58 9 0 -6 27 0 -2 27 0.05095079
GW 60 9 0 2 27 0 6 27 0.05095079
GW 61 9 0 6 27 0.5 10 27 0.05095079
GW 62 9 0.5 10 27 1.5 14 27 0.05095079
GW 63 9 1.5 14 27 3.5 18 27 0.05095079
GW 64 9 3.5 18 27 5.5 22 27 0.05095079
GW 70 9 0 -6 25 0 -2 25 0.05095079
GW 72 9 0 2 25 0 6 25 0.05095079
GW 73 9 0 6 25 0.5 10 25 0.05095079
GW 74 9 0.5 10 25 1.5 14 25 0.05095079
GW 75 9 1.5 14 25 3.5 18 25 0.05095079
GW 76 9 3.5 18 25 5.5 22 25 0.05095079
GW 82 9 0 -6 23 0 -2 23 0.05095079
GW 84 9 0 2 23 0 6 23 0.05095079
GW 85 9 0 6 23 0.5 10 23 0.05095079
GW 86 9 0.5 10 23 1.5 14 23 0.05095079
GW 87 9 1.5 14 23 3.5 18 23 0.05095079
GW 88 9 3.5 18 23 5.5 22 23 0.05095079
GW 94 9 0 -6 21 0 -2 21 0.05095079
GW 96 9 0 2 21 0 6 21 0.05095079
GW 97 9 0 6 21 0.5 10 21 0.05095079
GW 98 9 0.5 10 21 1.5 14 21 0.05095079
GW 99 9 1.5 14 21 3.5 18 21 0.05095079
GW 100 9 3.5 18 21 5.5 22 21 0.05095079
GW 106 9 0 -6 19 0 -2 19 0.05095079
GW 108 9 0 2 19 0 6 19 0.05095079
GW 109 9 0 6 19 0.5 10 19 0.05095079
GW 110 9 0.5 10 19 1.5 14 19 0.05095079
GW 111 9 1.5 14 19 3.5 18 19 0.05095079
GW 112 9 3.5 18 19 5.5 22 19 0.05095079
GW 118 9 0 -6 17 0 -2 17 0.05095079
GW 120 9 0 2 17 0 6 17 0.05095079
GW 121 9 0 6 17 0.5 10 17 0.05095079
GW 122 9 0.5 10 17 1.5 14 17 0.05095079
GW 123 9 1.5 14 17 3.5 18 17 0.05095079
GW 124 9 3.5 18 17 5.5 22 17 0.05095079
GW 130 9 0 -6 15 0 -2 15 0.05095079
GW 132 9 0 2 15 0 6 15 0.05095079
GW 133 9 0 6 15 0.5 10 15 0.05095079
GW 134 9 0.5 10 15 1.5 14 15 0.05095079
GW 135 9 1.5 14 15 3.5 18 15 0.05095079
GW 136 9 3.5 18 15 5.5 22 15 0.05095079
GW 142 9 0 -6 13 0 -2 13 0.05095079
GW 144 9 0 2 13 0 6 13 0.05095079
GW 145 9 0 6 13 0.5 10 13 0.05095079
GW 146 9 0.5 10 13 1.5 14 13 0.05095079
GW 147 9 1.5 14 13 3.5 18 13 0.05095079
GW 148 9 3.5 18 13 5.5 22 13 0.05095079
GW 150 9 5.5 -22 11 3.5 -18 11 0.05095079
GW 151 9 3.5 -18 11 1.5 -14 11 0.05095079
GW 152 9 1.5 -14 11 0.5 -10 11 0.05095079
GW 153 9 0.5 -10 11 0 -6 11 0.05095079
GW 154 9 0 -6 11 0 -2 11 0.05095079
GW 156 9 0 2 11 0 6 11 0.05095079
GW 157 9 0 6 11 0.5 10 11 0.05095079
GW 158 9 0.5 10 11 1.5 14 11 0.05095079
GW 159 9 1.5 14 11 3.5 18 11 0.05095079
GW 160 9 3.5 18 11 5.5 22 11 0.05095079
GW 162 9 5.5 -22 9 3.5 -18 9 0.05095079
GW 163 9 3.5 -18 9 1.5 -14 9 0.05095079
GW 164 9 1.5 -14 9 0.5 -10 9 0.05095079
GW 165 9 0.5 -10 9 0 -6 9 0.05095079
GW 166 9 0 -6 9 0 -2 9 0.05095079
GW 168 9 0 2 9 0 6 9 0.05095079
GW 169 9 0 6 9 0.5 10 9 0.05095079
GW 170 9 0.5 10 9 1.5 14 9 0.05095079
GW 171 9 1.5 14 9 3.5 18 9 0.05095079
GW 172 9 3.5 18 9 5.5 22 9 0.05095079
GW 174 9 5.5 -22 7 3.5 -18 7 0.05095079
GW 175 9 3.5 -18 7 1.5 -14 7 0.05095079
GW 176 9 1.5 -14 7 0.5 -10 7 0.05095079
GW 177 9 0.5 -10 7 0 -6 7 0.05095079
GW 178 9 0 -6 7 0 -2 7 0.05095079
GW 180 9 0 2 7 0 6 7 0.05095079
GW 181 9 0 6 7 0.5 10 7 0.05095079
GW 182 9 0.5 10 7 1.5 14 7 0.05095079
GW 183 9 1.5 14 7 3.5 18 7 0.05095079
GW 184 9 3.5 18 7 5.5 22 7 0.05095079
GW 186 9 5.5 -22 5 3.5 -18 5 0.05095079
GW 187 9 3.5 -18 5 1.5 -14 5 0.05095079
GW 188 9 1.5 -14 5 0.5 -10 5 0.05095079
GW 189 9 0.5 -10 5 0 -6 5 0.05095079
GW 190 9 0 -6 5 0 -2 5 0.05095079
GW 192 9 0 2 5 0 6 5 0.05095079
GW 193 9 0 6 5 0.5 10 5 0.05095079
GW 194 9 0.5 10 5 1.5 14 5 0.05095079
GW 195 9 1.5 14 5 3.5 18 5 0.05095079
GW 196 9 3.5 18 5 5.5 22 5 0.05095079
GW 198 9 5.5 -22 3 3.5 -18 3 0.05095079
GW 199 9 3.5 -18 3 1.5 -14 3 0.05095079
GW 200 9 1.5 -14 3 0.5 -10 3 0.05095079
GW 201 9 0.5 -10 3 0 -6 3 0.05095079
GW 202 9 0 -6 3 0 -2 3 0.05095079
GW 204 9 0 2 3 0 6 3 0.05095079
GW 205 9 0 6 3 0.5 10 3 0.05095079
GW 206 9 0.5 10 3 1.5 14 3 0.05095079
GW 207 9 1.5 14 3 3.5 18 3 0.05095079
GW 208 9 3.5 18 3 5.5 22 3 0.05095079
GW 210 9 5.5 -22 1 3.5 -18 1 0.05095079
GW 211 9 3.5 -18 1 1.5 -14 1 0.05095079
GW 212 9 1.5 -14 1 0.5 -10 1 0.05095079
GW 213 9 0.5 -10 1 0 -6 1 0.05095079
GW 214 9 0 -6 1 0 -2 1 0.05095079
GW 216 9 0 2 1 0 6 1 0.05095079
GW 217 9 0 6 1 0.5 10 1 0.05095079
GW 218 9 0.5 10 1 1.5 14 1 0.05095079
GW 219 9 1.5 14 1 3.5 18 1 0.05095079
GW 220 9 3.5 18 1 5.5 22 1 0.05095079
GW 222 9 5.5 -22 -1 3.5 -18 -1 0.05095079
GW 223 9 3.5 -18 -1 1.5 -14 -1 0.05095079
GW 224 9 1.5 -14 -1 0.5 -10 -1 0.05095079
GW 225 9 0.5 -10 -1 0 -6 -1 0.05095079
GW 226 9 0 -6 -1 0 -2 -1 0.05095079
GW 228 9 0 2 -1 0 6 -1 0.05095079
GW 229 9 0 6 -1 0.5 10 -1 0.05095079
GW 230 9 0.5 10 -1 1.5 14 -1 0.05095079
GW 231 9 1.5 14 -1 3.5 18 -1 0.05095079
GW 232 9 3.5 18 -1 5.5 22 -1 0.05095079
GW 234 9 5.5 -22 -3 3.5 -18 -3 0.05095079
GW 235 9 3.5 -18 -3 1.5 -14 -3 0.05095079
GW 236 9 1.5 -14 -3 0.5 -10 -3 0.05095079
GW 237 9 0.5 -10 -3 0 -6 -3 0.05095079
GW 238 9 0 -6 -3 0 -2 -3 0.05095079
GW 240 9 0 2 -3 0 6 -3 0.05095079
GW 241 9 0 6 -3 0.5 10 -3 0.05095079
GW 242 9 0.5 10 -3 1.5 14 -3 0.05095079
GW 243 9 1.5 14 -3 3.5 18 -3 0.05095079
GW 244 9 3.5 18 -3 5.5 22 -3 0.05095079
GW 246 9 5.5 -22 -5 3.5 -18 -5 0.05095079
GW 247 9 3.5 -18 -5 1.5 -14 -5 0.05095079
GW 248 9 1.5 -14 -5 0.5 -10 -5 0.05095079
GW 249 9 0.5 -10 -5 0 -6 -5 0.05095079
GW 250 9 0 -6 -5 0 -2 -5 0.05095079
GW 252 9 0 2 -5 0 6 -5 0.05095079
GW 253 9 0 6 -5 0.5 10 -5 0.05095079
GW 254 9 0.5 10 -5 1.5 14 -5 0.05095079
GW 255 9 1.5 14 -5 3.5 18 -5 0.05095079
GW 256 9 3.5 18 -5 5.5 22 -5 0.05095079
GW 258 9 5.5 -22 -7 3.5 -18 -7 0.05095079
GW 259 9 3.5 -18 -7 1.5 -14 -7 0.05095079
GW 260 9 1.5 -14 -7 0.5 -10 -7 0.05095079
GW 261 9 0.5 -10 -7 0 -6 -7 0.05095079
GW 262 9 0 -6 -7 0 -2 -7 0.05095079
GW 264 9 0 2 -7 0 6 -7 0.05095079
GW 265 9 0 6 -7 0.5 10 -7 0.05095079
GW 266 9 0.5 10 -7 1.5 14 -7 0.05095079
GW 267 9 1.5 14 -7 3.5 18 -7 0.05095079
GW 268 9 3.5 18 -7 5.5 22 -7 0.05095079
GW 270 9 5.5 -22 -9 3.5 -18 -9 0.05095079
GW 271 9 3.5 -18 -9 1.5 -14 -9 0.05095079
GW 272 9 1.5 -14 -9 0.5 -10 -9 0.05095079
GW 273 9 0.5 -10 -9 0 -6 -9 0.05095079
GW 274 9 0 -6 -9 0 -2 -9 0.05095079
GW 276 9 0 2 -9 0 6 -9 0.05095079
GW 277 9 0 6 -9 0.5 10 -9 0.05095079
GW 278 9 0.5 10 -9 1.5 14 -9 0.05095079
GW 279 9 1.5 14 -9 3.5 18 -9 0.05095079
GW 280 9 3.5 18 -9 5.5 22 -9 0.05095079
GW 282 9 5.5 -22 -11 3.5 -18 -11 0.05095079
GW 283 9 3.5 -18 -11 1.5 -14 -11 0.05095079
GW 284 9 1.5 -14 -11 0.5 -10 -11 0.05095079
GW 285 9 0.5 -10 -11 0 -6 -11 0.05095079
GW 286 9 0 -6 -11 0 -2 -11 0.05095079
GW 288 9 0 2 -11 0 6 -11 0.05095079
GW 289 9 0 6 -11 0.5 10 -11 0.05095079
GW 290 9 0.5 10 -11 1.5 14 -11 0.05095079
GW 291 9 1.5 14 -11 3.5 18 -11 0.05095079
GW 292 9 3.5 18 -11 5.5 22 -11 0.05095079
GW 294 9 5.5 -22 -13 3.5 -18 -13 0.05095079
GW 295 9 3.5 -18 -13 1.5 -14 -13 0.05095079
GW 296 9 1.5 -14 -13 0.5 -10 -13 0.05095079
GW 297 9 0.5 -10 -13 0 -6 -13 0.05095079
GW 298 9 0 -6 -13 0 -2 -13 0.05095079
GW 300 9 0 2 -13 0 6 -13 0.05095079
GW 301 9 0 6 -13 0.5 10 -13 0.05095079
GW 302 9 0.5 10 -13 1.5 14 -13 0.05095079
GW 303 9 1.5 14 -13 3.5 18 -13 0.05095079
GW 304 9 3.5 18 -13 5.5 22 -13 0.05095079
GW 306 9 5.5 -22 -15 3.5 -18 -15 0.05095079
GW 307 9 3.5 -18 -15 1.5 -14 -15 0.05095079
GW 308 9 1.5 -14 -15 0.5 -10 -15 0.05095079
GW 309 9 0.5 -10 -15 0 -6 -15 0.05095079
GW 310 9 0 -6 -15 0 -2 -15 0.05095079
GW 312 9 0 2 -15 0 6 -15 0.05095079
GW 313 9 0 6 -15 0.5 10 -15 0.05095079
GW 314 9 0.5 10 -15 1.5 14 -15 0.05095079
GW 315 9 1.5 14 -15 3.5 18 -15 0.05095079
GW 316 9 3.5 18 -15 5.5 22 -15 0.05095079
GW 318 9 5.5 -22 -17 3.5 -18 -17 0.05095079
GW 319 9 3.5 -18 -17 1.5 -14 -17 0.05095079
GW 320 9 1.5 -14 -17 0.5 -10 -17 0.05095079
GW 321 9 0.5 -10 -17 0 -6 -17 0.05095079
GW 322 9 0 -6 -17 0 -2 -17 0.05095079
GW 324 9 0 2 -17 0 6 -17 0.05095079
GW 325 9 0 6 -17 0.5 10 -17 0.05095079
GW 327 9 1.5 14 -17 3.5 18 -17 0.05095079
GW 328 9 3.5 18 -17 5.5 22 -17 0.05095079
GW 330 9 5.5 -22 -19 3.5 -18 -19 0.05095079
GW 331 9 3.5 -18 -19 1.5 -14 -19 0.05095079
GW 332 9 1.5 -14 -19 0.5 -10 -19 0.05095079
GW 333 9 0.5 -10 -19 0 -6 -19 0.05095079
GW 334 9 0 -6 -19 0 -2 -19 0.05095079
GW 336 9 0 2 -19 0 6 -19 0.05095079
GW 337 9 0 6 -19 0.5 10 -19 0.05095079
GW 338 9 0.5 10 -19 1.5 14 -19 0.05095079
GW 339 9 1.5 14 -19 3.5 18 -19 0.05095079
GW 340 9 3.5 18 -19 5.5 22 -19 0.05095079
GW 342 9 5.5 -22 -21 3.5 -18 -21 0.05095079
GW 343 9 3.5 -18 -21 1.5 -14 -21 0.05095079
GW 344 9 1.5 -14 -21 0.5 -10 -21 0.05095079
GW 345 9 0.5 -10 -21 0 -6 -21 0.05095079
GW 346 9 0 -6 -21 0 -2 -21 0.05095079
GW 348 9 0 2 -21 0 6 -21 0.05095079
GW 349 9 0 6 -21 0.5 10 -21 0.05095079
GW 350 9 0.5 10 -21 1.5 14 -21 0.05095079
GW 351 9 1.5 14 -21 3.5 18 -21 0.05095079
GW 352 9 3.5 18 -21 5.5 22 -21 0.05095079
GW 354 9 5.5 -22 -23 3.5 -18 -23 0.05095079
GW 355 9 3.5 -18 -23 1.5 -14 -23 0.05095079
GW 356 9 1.5 -14 -23 0.5 -10 -23 0.05095079
GW 357 9 0.5 -10 -23 0 -6 -23 0.05095079
GW 358 9 0 -6 -23 0 -2 -23 0.05095079
GW 360 9 0 2 -23 0 6 -23 0.05095079
GW 361 9 0 6 -23 0.5 10 -23 0.05095079
GW 362 9 0.5 10 -23 1.5 14 -23 0.05095079
GW 363 9 1.5 14 -23 3.5 18 -23 0.05095079
GW 364 9 3.5 18 -23 5.5 22 -23 0.05095079
GW 366 9 5.5 -22 -25 3.5 -18 -25 0.05095079
GW 367 9 3.5 -18 -25 1.5 -14 -25 0.05095079
GW 368 9 1.5 -14 -25 0.5 -10 -25 0.05095079
GW 369 9 0.5 -10 -25 0 -6 -25 0.05095079
GW 370 9 0 -6 -25 0 -2 -25 0.05095079
GW 372 9 0 2 -25 0 6 -25 0.05095079
GW 373 9 0 6 -25 0.5 10 -25 0.05095079
GW 374 9 0.5 10 -25 1.5 14 -25 0.05095079
GW 375 9 1.5 14 -25 3.5 18 -25 0.05095079
GW 376 9 3.5 18 -25 5.5 22 -25 0.05095079
GW 378 9 5.5 -22 -27 3.5 -18 -27 0.05095079
GW 379 9 3.5 -18 -27 1.5 -14 -27 0.05095079
GW 380 9 1.5 -14 -27 0.5 -10 -27 0.05095079
GW 381 9 0.5 -10 -27 0 -6 -27 0.05095079
GW 382 9 0 -6 -27 0 -2 -27 0.05095079
GW 384 9 0 2 -27 0 6 -27 0.05095079
GW 385 9 0 6 -27 0.5 10 -27 0.05095079
GW 386 9 0.5 10 -27 1.5 14 -27 0.05095079
GW 387 9 1.5 14 -27 3.5 18 -27 0.05095079
GW 388 9 3.5 18 -27 5.5 22 -27 0.05095079
GW 390 9 5.5 -22 -29 3.5 -18 -29 0.05095079
GW 391 9 3.5 -18 -29 1.5 -14 -29 0.05095079
GW 392 9 1.5 -14 -29 0.5 -10 -29 0.05095079
GW 393 9 0.5 -10 -29 0 -6 -29 0.05095079
GW 394 9 0 -6 -29 0 -2 -29 0.05095079
GW 396 9 0 2 -29 0 6 -29 0.05095079
GW 397 9 0 6 -29 0.5 10 -29 0.05095079
GW 398 9 0.5 10 -29 1.5 14 -29 0.05095079
GW 444 5 5.5 -22 -27 5.5 -22 -29 0.05095079
GW 508 5 1.5 -14 -27 1.5 -14 -29 0.05095079
GW 540 5 0.5 -10 -27 0.5 -10 -29 0.05095079
GW 543 5 0 -6 31 0 -6 29 0.05095079
GW 544 5 0 -6 29 0 -6 27 0.05095079
GW 545 5 0 -6 27 0 -6 25 0.05095079
GW 546 5 0 -6 25 0 -6 23 0.05095079
GW 547 5 0 -6 23 0 -6 21 0.05095079
GW 548 5 0 -6 21 0 -6 19 0.05095079
GW 549 5 0 -6 19 0 -6 17 0.05095079
GW 550 5 0 -6 17 0 -6 15 0.05095079
GW 551 5 0 -6 15 0 -6 13 0.05095079
GW 552 5 0 -6 13 0 -6 11 0.05095079
GW 553 5 0 -6 11 0 -6 9 0.05095079
GW 554 5 0 -6 9 0 -6 7 0.05095079
GW 555 5 0 -6 7 0 -6 5 0.05095079
GW 556 5 0 -6 5 0 -6 3 0.05095079
GW 557 5 0 -6 3 0 -6 1 0.05095079
GW 558 5 0 -6 1 0 -6 -1 0.05095079
GW 559 5 0 -6 -1 0 -6 -3 0.05095079
GW 560 5 0 -6 -3 0 -6 -5 0.05095079
GW 561 5 0 -6 -5 0 -6 -7 0.05095079
GW 562 5 0 -6 -7 0 -6 -9 0.05095079
GW 563 5 0 -6 -9 0 -6 -11 0.05095079
GW 564 5 0 -6 -11 0 -6 -13 0.05095079
GW 565 5 0 -6 -13 0 -6 -15 0.05095079
GW 566 5 0 -6 -15 0 -6 -17 0.05095079
GW 567 5 0 -6 -17 0 -6 -19 0.05095079
GW 568 5 0 -6 -19 0 -6 -21 0.05095079
GW 569 5 0 -6 -21 0 -6 -23 0.05095079
GW 570 5 0 -6 -23 0 -6 -25 0.05095079
GW 571 5 0 -6 -25 0 -6 -27 0.05095079
GW 572 5 0 -6 -27 0 -6 -29 0.05095079
GW 575 5 0 -2 31 0 -2 29 0.05095079
GW 576 5 0 -2 29 0 -2 27 0.05095079
GW 577 5 0 -2 27 0 -2 25 0.05095079
GW 578 5 0 -2 25 0 -2 23 0.05095079
GW 579 5 0 -2 23 0 -2 21 0.05095079
GW 580 5 0 -2 21 0 -2 19 0.05095079
GW 581 5 0 -2 19 0 -2 17 0.05095079
GW 582 5 0 -2 17 0 -2 15 0.05095079
GW 583 5 0 -2 15 0 -2 13 0.05095079
GW 584 5 0 -2 13 0 -2 11 0.05095079
GW 585 5 0 -2 11 0 -2 9 0.05095079
GW 586 5 0 -2 9 0 -2 7 0.05095079
GW 587 5 0 -2 7 0 -2 5 0.05095079
GW 588 5 0 -2 5 0 -2 3 0.05095079
GW 589 5 0 -2 3 0 -2 1 0.05095079
GW 590 5 0 -2 1 0 -2 -1 0.05095079
GW 591 5 0 -2 -1 0 -2 -3 0.05095079
GW 592 5 0 -2 -3 0 -2 -5 0.05095079
GW 593 5 0 -2 -5 0 -2 -7 0.05095079
GW 594 5 0 -2 -7 0 -2 -9 0.05095079
GW 595 5 0 -2 -9 0 -2 -11 0.05095079
GW 596 5 0 -2 -11 0 -2 -13 0.05095079
GW 597 5 0 -2 -13 0 -2 -15 0.05095079
GW 598 5 0 -2 -15 0 -2 -17 0.05095079
GW 599 5 0 -2 -17 0 -2 -19 0.05095079
GW 600 5 0 -2 -19 0 -2 -21 0.05095079

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 · (Edited)
The Curved Mesh Plan Top View:

And a picture of the semi-finished frame minus the mesh and elements:

This will give you an idea of what the finished antenna will look like.

The vee bent cross bars serve a couple of purposes. They serve to stiffen the whole structure and will be used to wire tie the stub ends of the 10 gauge copper elements Ill be using.

Ill post detailed plans, parts list, cutting lists, and construction how-tos in the following days. Its actually easier than it looks and like my SBGH version 1 plans, its adjustable/upgradable to the DBGH version. The most expensive parts of it are the 4ft by 5ft piece of 2" X 4" mesh and the elements.

Ill probably do it in installments, so stay tuned to this thread for more episodes of "This Old Antenna", heh.

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Heh, each line is like an 80 column key-punched Fortran card, can you imagine if you dropped a stack like this, heh. And heres from Tag 601 to the end, hopefully I got it all :

GW 601 5 0 -2 -21 0 -2 -23 0.05095079
GW 602 5 0 -2 -23 0 -2 -25 0.05095079
GW 603 5 0 -2 -25 0 -2 -27 0.05095079
GW 604 5 0 -2 -27 0 -2 -29 0.05095079
GW 607 5 0 2 31 0 2 29 0.05095079
GW 608 5 0 2 29 0 2 27 0.05095079
GW 609 5 0 2 27 0 2 25 0.05095079
GW 610 5 0 2 25 0 2 23 0.05095079
GW 611 5 0 2 23 0 2 21 0.05095079
GW 612 5 0 2 21 0 2 19 0.05095079
GW 613 5 0 2 19 0 2 17 0.05095079
GW 614 5 0 2 17 0 2 15 0.05095079
GW 615 5 0 2 15 0 2 13 0.05095079
GW 616 5 0 2 13 0 2 11 0.05095079
GW 617 5 0 2 11 0 2 9 0.05095079
GW 618 5 0 2 9 0 2 7 0.05095079
GW 619 5 0 2 7 0 2 5 0.05095079
GW 620 5 0 2 5 0 2 3 0.05095079
GW 621 5 0 2 3 0 2 1 0.05095079
GW 622 5 0 2 1 0 2 -1 0.05095079
GW 623 5 0 2 -1 0 2 -3 0.05095079
GW 624 5 0 2 -3 0 2 -5 0.05095079
GW 625 5 0 2 -5 0 2 -7 0.05095079
GW 626 5 0 2 -7 0 2 -9 0.05095079
GW 627 5 0 2 -9 0 2 -11 0.05095079
GW 628 5 0 2 -11 0 2 -13 0.05095079
GW 629 5 0 2 -13 0 2 -15 0.05095079
GW 630 5 0 2 -15 0 2 -17 0.05095079
GW 631 5 0 2 -17 0 2 -19 0.05095079
GW 632 5 0 2 -19 0 2 -21 0.05095079
GW 633 5 0 2 -21 0 2 -23 0.05095079
GW 634 5 0 2 -23 0 2 -25 0.05095079
GW 635 5 0 2 -25 0 2 -27 0.05095079
GW 636 5 0 2 -27 0 2 -29 0.05095079
GW 639 5 0 6 31 0 6 29 0.05095079
GW 640 5 0 6 29 0 6 27 0.05095079
GW 641 5 0 6 27 0 6 25 0.05095079
GW 642 5 0 6 25 0 6 23 0.05095079
GW 643 5 0 6 23 0 6 21 0.05095079
GW 644 5 0 6 21 0 6 19 0.05095079
GW 645 5 0 6 19 0 6 17 0.05095079
GW 646 5 0 6 17 0 6 15 0.05095079
GW 647 5 0 6 15 0 6 13 0.05095079
GW 648 5 0 6 13 0 6 11 0.05095079
GW 649 5 0 6 11 0 6 9 0.05095079
GW 650 5 0 6 9 0 6 7 0.05095079
GW 651 5 0 6 7 0 6 5 0.05095079
GW 652 5 0 6 5 0 6 3 0.05095079
GW 653 5 0 6 3 0 6 1 0.05095079
GW 654 5 0 6 1 0 6 -1 0.05095079
GW 655 5 0 6 -1 0 6 -3 0.05095079
GW 656 5 0 6 -3 0 6 -5 0.05095079
GW 657 5 0 6 -5 0 6 -7 0.05095079
GW 658 5 0 6 -7 0 6 -9 0.05095079
GW 659 5 0 6 -9 0 6 -11 0.05095079
GW 660 5 0 6 -11 0 6 -13 0.05095079
GW 661 5 0 6 -13 0 6 -15 0.05095079
GW 662 5 0 6 -15 0 6 -17 0.05095079
GW 663 5 0 6 -17 0 6 -19 0.05095079
GW 664 5 0 6 -19 0 6 -21 0.05095079
GW 665 5 0 6 -21 0 6 -23 0.05095079
GW 666 5 0 6 -23 0 6 -25 0.05095079
GW 667 5 0 6 -25 0 6 -27 0.05095079
GW 668 5 0 6 -27 0 6 -29 0.05095079
GW 671 5 0.5 10 31 0.5 10 29 0.05095079
GW 672 5 0.5 10 29 0.5 10 27 0.05095079
GW 673 5 0.5 10 27 0.5 10 25 0.05095079
GW 674 5 0.5 10 25 0.5 10 23 0.05095079
GW 675 5 0.5 10 23 0.5 10 21 0.05095079
GW 676 5 0.5 10 21 0.5 10 19 0.05095079
GW 677 5 0.5 10 19 0.5 10 17 0.05095079
GW 678 5 0.5 10 17 0.5 10 15 0.05095079
GW 679 5 0.5 10 15 0.5 10 13 0.05095079
GW 680 5 0.5 10 13 0.5 10 11 0.05095079
GW 681 5 0.5 10 11 0.5 10 9 0.05095079
GW 682 5 0.5 10 9 0.5 10 7 0.05095079
GW 683 5 0.5 10 7 0.5 10 5 0.05095079
GW 684 5 0.5 10 5 0.5 10 3 0.05095079
GW 685 5 0.5 10 3 0.5 10 1 0.05095079
GW 686 5 0.5 10 1 0.5 10 -1 0.05095079
GW 687 5 0.5 10 -1 0.5 10 -3 0.05095079
GW 688 5 0.5 10 -3 0.5 10 -5 0.05095079
GW 689 5 0.5 10 -5 0.5 10 -7 0.05095079
GW 690 5 0.5 10 -7 0.5 10 -9 0.05095079
GW 691 5 0.5 10 -9 0.5 10 -11 0.05095079
GW 692 5 0.5 10 -11 0.5 10 -13 0.05095079
GW 693 5 0.5 10 -13 0.5 10 -15 0.05095079
GW 694 5 0.5 10 -15 0.5 10 -17 0.05095079
GW 695 5 0.5 10 -17 0.5 10 -19 0.05095079
GW 696 5 0.5 10 -19 0.5 10 -21 0.05095079
GW 697 5 0.5 10 -21 0.5 10 -23 0.05095079
GW 698 5 0.5 10 -23 0.5 10 -25 0.05095079
GW 699 5 0.5 10 -25 0.5 10 -27 0.05095079
GW 700 5 0.5 10 -27 0.5 10 -29 0.05095079
GW 703 5 1.5 14 31 1.5 14 29 0.05095079
GW 704 5 1.5 14 29 1.5 14 27 0.05095079
GW 705 5 1.5 14 27 1.5 14 25 0.05095079
GW 706 5 1.5 14 25 1.5 14 23 0.05095079
GW 707 5 1.5 14 23 1.5 14 21 0.05095079
GW 708 5 1.5 14 21 1.5 14 19 0.05095079
GW 709 5 1.5 14 19 1.5 14 17 0.05095079
GW 710 5 1.5 14 17 1.5 14 15 0.05095079
GW 711 5 1.5 14 15 1.5 14 13 0.05095079
GW 712 5 1.5 14 13 1.5 14 11 0.05095079
GW 713 5 1.5 14 11 1.5 14 9 0.05095079
GW 714 5 1.5 14 9 1.5 14 7 0.05095079
GW 715 5 1.5 14 7 1.5 14 5 0.05095079
GW 716 5 1.5 14 5 1.5 14 3 0.05095079
GW 717 5 1.5 14 3 1.5 14 1 0.05095079
GW 718 5 1.5 14 1 1.5 14 -1 0.05095079
GW 719 5 1.5 14 -1 1.5 14 -3 0.05095079
GW 720 5 1.5 14 -3 1.5 14 -5 0.05095079
GW 721 5 1.5 14 -5 1.5 14 -7 0.05095079
GW 722 5 1.5 14 -7 1.5 14 -9 0.05095079
GW 723 5 1.5 14 -9 1.5 14 -11 0.05095079
GW 724 5 1.5 14 -11 1.5 14 -13 0.05095079
GW 725 5 1.5 14 -13 1.5 14 -15 0.05095079
GW 726 5 1.5 14 -15 1.5 14 -17 0.05095079
GW 727 5 1.5 14 -17 1.5 14 -19 0.05095079
GW 728 5 1.5 14 -19 1.5 14 -21 0.05095079
GW 729 5 1.5 14 -21 1.5 14 -23 0.05095079
GW 730 5 1.5 14 -23 1.5 14 -25 0.05095079
GW 731 5 1.5 14 -25 1.5 14 -27 0.05095079
GW 732 5 1.5 14 -27 1.5 14 -29 0.05095079
GW 735 5 3.5 18 31 3.5 18 29 0.05095079
GW 736 5 3.5 18 29 3.5 18 27 0.05095079
GW 737 5 3.5 18 27 3.5 18 25 0.05095079
GW 738 5 3.5 18 25 3.5 18 23 0.05095079
GW 739 5 3.5 18 23 3.5 18 21 0.05095079
GW 740 5 3.5 18 21 3.5 18 19 0.05095079
GW 741 5 3.5 18 19 3.5 18 17 0.05095079
GW 742 5 3.5 18 17 3.5 18 15 0.05095079
GW 743 5 3.5 18 15 3.5 18 13 0.05095079
GW 744 5 3.5 18 13 3.5 18 11 0.05095079
GW 745 5 3.5 18 11 3.5 18 9 0.05095079
GW 746 5 3.5 18 9 3.5 18 7 0.05095079
GW 747 5 3.5 18 7 3.5 18 5 0.05095079
GW 748 5 3.5 18 5 3.5 18 3 0.05095079
GW 749 5 3.5 18 3 3.5 18 1 0.05095079
GW 750 5 3.5 18 1 3.5 18 -1 0.05095079
GW 751 5 3.5 18 -1 3.5 18 -3 0.05095079
GW 752 5 3.5 18 -3 3.5 18 -5 0.05095079
GW 753 5 3.5 18 -5 3.5 18 -7 0.05095079
GW 754 5 3.5 18 -7 3.5 18 -9 0.05095079
GW 755 5 3.5 18 -9 3.5 18 -11 0.05095079
GW 756 5 3.5 18 -11 3.5 18 -13 0.05095079
GW 757 5 3.5 18 -13 3.5 18 -15 0.05095079
GW 758 5 3.5 18 -15 3.5 18 -17 0.05095079
GW 759 5 3.5 18 -17 3.5 18 -19 0.05095079
GW 760 5 3.5 18 -19 3.5 18 -21 0.05095079
GW 761 5 3.5 18 -21 3.5 18 -23 0.05095079
GW 762 5 3.5 18 -23 3.5 18 -25 0.05095079
GW 763 5 3.5 18 -25 3.5 18 -27 0.05095079
GW 764 5 3.5 18 -27 3.5 18 -29 0.05095079
GW 767 5 5.5 22 31 5.5 22 29 0.05095079
GW 768 5 5.5 22 29 5.5 22 27 0.05095079
GW 769 5 5.5 22 27 5.5 22 25 0.05095079
GW 770 5 5.5 22 25 5.5 22 23 0.05095079
GW 771 5 5.5 22 23 5.5 22 21 0.05095079
GW 772 5 5.5 22 21 5.5 22 19 0.05095079
GW 773 5 5.5 22 19 5.5 22 17 0.05095079
GW 774 5 5.5 22 17 5.5 22 15 0.05095079
GW 775 5 5.5 22 15 5.5 22 13 0.05095079
GW 776 5 5.5 22 13 5.5 22 11 0.05095079
GW 777 5 5.5 22 11 5.5 22 9 0.05095079
GW 778 5 5.5 22 9 5.5 22 7 0.05095079
GW 779 5 5.5 22 7 5.5 22 5 0.05095079
GW 780 5 5.5 22 5 5.5 22 3 0.05095079
GW 781 5 5.5 22 3 5.5 22 1 0.05095079
GW 782 5 5.5 22 1 5.5 22 -1 0.05095079
GW 783 5 5.5 22 -1 5.5 22 -3 0.05095079
GW 784 5 5.5 22 -3 5.5 22 -5 0.05095079
GW 785 5 5.5 22 -5 5.5 22 -7 0.05095079
GW 786 5 5.5 22 -7 5.5 22 -9 0.05095079
GW 787 5 5.5 22 -9 5.5 22 -11 0.05095079
GW 788 5 5.5 22 -11 5.5 22 -13 0.05095079
GW 789 5 5.5 22 -13 5.5 22 -15 0.05095079
GW 790 5 5.5 22 -15 5.5 22 -17 0.05095079
GW 791 5 5.5 22 -17 5.5 22 -19 0.05095079
GW 792 5 5.5 22 -19 5.5 22 -21 0.05095079
GW 793 5 5.5 22 -21 5.5 22 -23 0.05095079
GW 794 5 5.5 22 -23 5.5 22 -25 0.05095079
GW 795 5 5.5 22 -25 5.5 22 -27 0.05095079
GW 796 5 5.5 22 -27 5.5 22 -29 0.05095079
GW 829 3 0 -2 31 0 -0.5 31 0.05095079
GW 830 3 0 2 31 0 0.5 31 0.05095079
GW 831 3 0 -2 29 0 -0.5 29 0.05095079
GW 832 3 0 2 29 0 0.5 29 0.05095079
GW 833 3 0 -2 27 0 -0.5 27 0.05095079
GW 834 3 0 2 27 0 0.5 27 0.05095079
GW 835 3 0 -2 25 0 -0.5 25 0.05095079
GW 836 3 0 2 25 0 0.5 25 0.05095079
GW 837 3 0 -2 23 0 -0.5 23 0.05095079
GW 838 3 0 2 23 0 0.5 23 0.05095079
GW 839 3 0 -2 21 0 -0.5 21 0.05095079
GW 840 3 0 2 21 0 0.5 21 0.05095079
GW 841 3 0 -2 19 0 -0.5 19 0.05095079
GW 842 3 0 2 19 0 0.5 19 0.05095079
GW 843 3 0 -2 17 0 -0.5 17 0.05095079
GW 844 3 0 2 17 0 0.5 17 0.05095079
GW 845 3 0 -2 15 0 -0.5 15 0.05095079
GW 846 3 0 2 15 0 0.5 15 0.05095079
GW 847 3 0 -2 13 0 -0.5 13 0.05095079
GW 848 3 0 2 13 0 0.5 13 0.05095079
GW 849 3 0 -2 11 0 -0.5 11 0.05095079
GW 850 3 0 2 11 0 0.5 11 0.05095079
GW 851 3 0 -2 9 0 -0.5 9 0.05095079
GW 852 3 0 2 9 0 0.5 9 0.05095079
GW 853 3 0 -2 7 0 -0.5 7 0.05095079
GW 854 3 0 2 7 0 0.5 7 0.05095079
GW 855 3 0 2 5 0 0.5 5 0.05095079
GW 856 3 0 -2 5 0 -0.5 5 0.05095079
GW 857 3 0 -2 3 0 -0.5 3 0.05095079
GW 858 3 0 2 3 0 0.5 3 0.05095079
GW 859 3 0 -2 -1 0 -0.5 -1 0.05095079
GW 860 3 0 2 -1 0 0.5 -1 0.05095079
GW 861 3 0 2 -3 0 0.5 -3 0.05095079
GW 862 3 0 -2 -3 0 -0.5 -3 0.05095079
GW 863 3 0 -2 -5 0 -0.5 -5 0.05095079
GW 864 3 0 2 -5 0 0.5 -5 0.05095079
GW 865 3 0 2 -7 0 0.5 -7 0.05095079
GW 866 3 0 -2 -7 0 -0.5 -7 0.05095079
GW 867 3 0 -2 -9 0 -0.5 -9 0.05095079
GW 868 3 0 2 -9 0 0.5 -9 0.05095079
GW 869 3 0 2 -11 0 0.5 -11 0.05095079
GW 870 3 0 -2 -11 0 -0.5 -11 0.05095079
GW 871 3 0 -2 -13 0 -0.5 -13 0.05095079
GW 872 3 0 2 -13 0 0.5 -13 0.05095079
GW 873 3 0 -2 -15 0 -0.5 -15 0.05095079
GW 874 3 0 2 -15 0 0.5 -15 0.05095079
GW 875 3 0 -2 -17 0 -0.5 -17 0.05095079
GW 876 3 0 2 -17 0 0.5 -17 0.05095079
GW 877 3 0 2 -19 0 0.5 -19 0.05095079
GW 878 3 0 -2 -19 0 -0.5 -19 0.05095079
GW 879 3 0 2 -21 0 0.5 -21 0.05095079
GW 880 3 0 -2 -21 0 -0.5 -21 0.05095079
GW 881 3 0 -2 -23 0 -0.5 -23 0.05095079
GW 882 3 0 2 -23 0 0.5 -23 0.05095079
GW 883 3 0 -2 -25 0 -0.5 -25 0.05095079
GW 884 3 0 2 -25 0 0.5 -25 0.05095079
GW 885 3 0 2 -27 0 0.5 -27 0.05095079
GW 886 3 0 -2 -27 0 -0.5 -27 0.05095079
GW 887 3 0 -2 -29 0 -0.5 -29 0.05095079
GW 888 3 0 2 -29 0 0.5 -29 0.05095079
GW 890 3 0 2 1 0 0.5 1 0.05095079
GW 40 9 3.5 18 31 5.5 22 31 0.05095079
GW 400 9 3.5 18 -29 5.5 22 -29 0.05095079
GW 326 9 0.5 10 -17 1.5 14 -17 0.05095079
GW 892 5 3.5 -18 -27 3.5 -18 -29 0.05095079
GW 893 9 0 -6 13 0.5 -10 13 0.05095079
GW 895 9 0 -6 15 0.5 -10 15 0.05095079
GW 897 9 0 -6 17 0.5 -10 17 0.05095079
GW 899 9 0.5 -10 13 1.5 -14 13 0.05095079
GW 902 9 1.5 -14 15 0.5 -10 15 0.05095079
GW 903 9 0.5 -10 17 1.5 -14 17 0.05095079
GW 905 9 0 -6 19 0.5 -10 19 0.05095079
GW 907 9 0.5 -10 19 1.5 -14 19 0.05095079
GW 909 9 0 -6 21 0.5 -10 21 0.05095079
GW 910 9 0 -6 23 0.5 -10 23 0.05095079
GW 911 9 0 -6 25 0.5 -10 25 0.05095079
GW 913 9 0 -6 27 0.5 -10 27 0.05095079
GW 918 9 1.5 -14 19 3.5 -18 19 0.05095079
GW 919 9 1.5 -14 17 3.5 -18 17 0.05095079
GW 920 9 1.5 -14 15 3.5 -18 15 0.05095079
GW 921 9 1.5 -14 13 3.5 -18 13 0.05095079
GW 926 9 3.5 -18 13 5.5 -22 13 0.05095079
GW 927 9 3.5 -18 15 5.5 -22 15 0.05095079
GW 928 9 3.5 -18 17 5.5 -22 17 0.05095079
GW 929 9 3.5 -18 19 5.5 -22 19 0.05095079
GW 934 9 0.5 -10 21 1.5 -14 21 0.05095079
GW 935 9 0.5 -10 23 1.5 -14 23 0.05095079
GW 936 9 0.5 -10 25 1.5 -14 25 0.05095079
GW 937 9 0.5 -10 27 1.5 -14 27 0.05095079
GW 942 9 1.5 -14 21 3.5 -18 21 0.05095079
GW 943 9 1.5 -14 23 3.5 -18 23 0.05095079
GW 944 9 1.5 -14 25 3.5 -18 25 0.05095079
GW 945 9 1.5 -14 27 3.5 -18 27 0.05095079
GW 950 9 3.5 -18 21 5.5 -22 21 0.05095079
GW 951 9 3.5 -18 23 5.5 -22 23 0.05095079
GW 952 9 3.5 -18 25 5.5 -22 25 0.05095079
GW 953 9 3.5 -18 27 5.5 -22 27 0.05095079
GW 958 9 0 -6 29 0.5 -10 29 0.05095079
GW 959 9 0 -6 31 0.5 -10 31 0.05095079
GW 962 9 0.5 -10 29 1.5 -14 29 0.05095079
GW 963 9 0.5 -10 31 1.5 -14 31 0.05095079
GW 966 9 1.5 -14 29 3.5 -18 29 0.05095079
GW 967 9 1.5 -14 31 3.5 -18 31 0.05095079
GW 970 9 3.5 -18 31 5.5 -22 31 0.05095079
GW 971 9 3.5 -18 29 5.5 -22 29 0.05095079
GW 972 5 5.5 -22 31 5.5 -22 29 0.05095079
GW 973 5 5.5 -22 29 5.5 -22 27 0.05095079
GW 974 5 5.5 -22 27 5.5 -22 25 0.05095079
GW 975 5 5.5 -22 25 5.5 -22 23 0.05095079
GW 976 5 5.5 -22 23 5.5 -22 21 0.05095079
GW 977 5 5.5 -22 21 5.5 -22 19 0.05095079
GW 978 5 5.5 -22 19 5.5 -22 17 0.05095079
GW 979 5 5.5 -22 17 5.5 -22 15 0.05095079
GW 980 5 5.5 -22 15 5.5 -22 13 0.05095079
GW 981 5 5.5 -22 13 5.5 -22 11 0.05095079
GW 982 5 5.5 -22 11 5.5 -22 9 0.05095079
GW 983 5 5.5 -22 9 5.5 -22 7 0.05095079
GW 984 5 5.5 -22 7 5.5 -22 5 0.05095079
GW 985 5 5.5 -22 5 5.5 -22 3 0.05095079
GW 986 5 5.5 -22 3 5.5 -22 1 0.05095079
GW 987 5 5.5 -22 1 5.5 -22 -1 0.05095079
GW 988 5 5.5 -22 -1 5.5 -22 -3 0.05095079
GW 989 5 5.5 -22 -3 5.5 -22 -5 0.05095079
GW 990 5 5.5 -22 -5 5.5 -22 -7 0.05095079
GW 991 5 5.5 -22 -7 5.5 -22 -9 0.05095079
GW 992 5 5.5 -22 -9 5.5 -22 -11 0.05095079
GW 993 5 5.5 -22 -11 5.5 -22 -13 0.05095079
GW 994 5 5.5 -22 -13 5.5 -22 -15 0.05095079
GW 995 5 5.5 -22 -15 5.5 -22 -17 0.05095079
GW 996 5 5.5 -22 -17 5.5 -22 -19 0.05095079
GW 997 5 5.5 -22 -19 5.5 -22 -21 0.05095079
GW 998 5 5.5 -22 -21 5.5 -22 -23 0.05095079
GW 999 5 5.5 -22 -23 5.5 -22 -25 0.05095079
GW 1000 5 5.5 -22 -25 5.5 -22 -27 0.05095079
GW 1001 5 3.5 -18 -27 3.5 -18 -25 0.05095079
GW 1002 5 3.5 -18 -25 3.5 -18 -23 0.05095079
GW 1003 5 3.5 -18 -23 3.5 -18 -21 0.05095079
GW 1004 5 3.5 -18 -21 3.5 -18 -19 0.05095079
GW 1005 5 3.5 -18 -19 3.5 -18 -17 0.05095079
GW 1006 5 3.5 -18 -17 3.5 -18 -15 0.05095079
GW 1007 5 3.5 -18 -15 3.5 -18 -13 0.05095079
GW 1008 5 3.5 -18 -13 3.5 -18 -11 0.05095079
GW 1009 5 3.5 -18 -11 3.5 -18 -9 0.05095079
GW 1010 5 3.5 -18 -9 3.5 -18 -7 0.05095079
GW 1011 5 3.5 -18 -7 3.5 -18 -5 0.05095079
GW 1012 5 3.5 -18 -5 3.5 -18 -3 0.05095079
GW 1013 5 3.5 -18 -3 3.5 -18 -1 0.05095079
GW 1014 5 3.5 -18 -1 3.5 -18 1 0.05095079
GW 1015 5 3.5 -18 1 3.5 -18 3 0.05095079
GW 1016 5 3.5 -18 3 3.5 -18 5 0.05095079
GW 1017 5 3.5 -18 5 3.5 -18 7 0.05095079
GW 1018 5 3.5 -18 7 3.5 -18 9 0.05095079
GW 1019 5 3.5 -18 9 3.5 -18 11 0.05095079
GW 1020 5 3.5 -18 11 3.5 -18 13 0.05095079
GW 1021 5 3.5 -18 13 3.5 -18 15 0.05095079
GW 1022 5 3.5 -18 15 3.5 -18 17 0.05095079
GW 1023 5 3.5 -18 17 3.5 -18 19 0.05095079
GW 1024 5 3.5 -18 19 3.5 -18 21 0.05095079
GW 1025 5 3.5 -18 21 3.5 -18 23 0.05095079
GW 1026 5 3.5 -18 23 3.5 -18 25 0.05095079
GW 1027 5 3.5 -18 25 3.5 -18 27 0.05095079
GW 1028 5 3.5 -18 27 3.5 -18 29 0.05095079
GW 1029 5 3.5 -18 29 3.5 -18 31 0.05095079
GW 1030 5 1.5 -14 -27 1.5 -14 -25 0.05095079
GW 1031 5 1.5 -14 -25 1.5 -14 -23 0.05095079
GW 1032 5 1.5 -14 -23 1.5 -14 -21 0.05095079
GW 1033 5 1.5 -14 -21 1.5 -14 -19 0.05095079
GW 1034 5 1.5 -14 -19 1.5 -14 -17 0.05095079
GW 1035 5 1.5 -14 -17 1.5 -14 -15 0.05095079
GW 1036 5 1.5 -14 -15 1.5 -14 -13 0.05095079
GW 1037 5 1.5 -14 -13 1.5 -14 -11 0.05095079
GW 1038 5 1.5 -14 -11 1.5 -14 -9 0.05095079
GW 1039 5 1.5 -14 -9 1.5 -14 -7 0.05095079
GW 1040 5 1.5 -14 -7 1.5 -14 -5 0.05095079
GW 1041 5 1.5 -14 -5 1.5 -14 -3 0.05095079
GW 1042 5 1.5 -14 -3 1.5 -14 -1 0.05095079
GW 1043 5 1.5 -14 -1 1.5 -14 1 0.05095079
GW 1044 5 1.5 -14 1 1.5 -14 3 0.05095079
GW 1045 5 1.5 -14 3 1.5 -14 5 0.05095079
GW 1046 5 1.5 -14 5 1.5 -14 7 0.05095079
GW 1047 5 1.5 -14 7 1.5 -14 9 0.05095079
GW 1048 5 1.5 -14 9 1.5 -14 11 0.05095079
GW 1049 5 1.5 -14 11 1.5 -14 13 0.05095079
GW 1050 5 1.5 -14 13 1.5 -14 15 0.05095079
GW 1051 5 1.5 -14 15 1.5 -14 17 0.05095079
GW 1052 5 1.5 -14 17 1.5 -14 19 0.05095079
GW 1053 5 1.5 -14 19 1.5 -14 21 0.05095079
GW 1054 5 1.5 -14 21 1.5 -14 23 0.05095079
GW 1055 5 1.5 -14 23 1.5 -14 25 0.05095079
GW 1056 5 1.5 -14 25 1.5 -14 27 0.05095079
GW 1057 5 1.5 -14 27 1.5 -14 29 0.05095079
GW 1058 5 1.5 -14 29 1.5 -14 31 0.05095079
GW 1059 5 0.5 -10 -27 0.5 -10 -25 0.05095079
GW 1060 5 0.5 -10 -25 0.5 -10 -23 0.05095079
GW 1061 5 0.5 -10 -23 0.5 -10 -21 0.05095079
GW 1062 5 0.5 -10 -21 0.5 -10 -19 0.05095079
GW 1063 5 0.5 -10 -19 0.5 -10 -17 0.05095079
GW 1064 5 0.5 -10 -17 0.5 -10 -15 0.05095079
GW 1065 5 0.5 -10 -15 0.5 -10 -13 0.05095079
GW 1066 5 0.5 -10 -13 0.5 -10 -11 0.05095079
GW 1067 5 0.5 -10 -11 0.5 -10 -9 0.05095079
GW 1068 5 0.5 -10 -9 0.5 -10 -7 0.05095079
GW 1069 5 0.5 -10 -7 0.5 -10 -5 0.05095079
GW 1070 5 0.5 -10 -5 0.5 -10 -3 0.05095079
GW 1071 5 0.5 -10 -3 0.5 -10 -1 0.05095079
GW 1072 5 0.5 -10 -1 0.5 -10 1 0.05095079
GW 1073 5 0.5 -10 1 0.5 -10 3 0.05095079
GW 1074 5 0.5 -10 3 0.5 -10 5 0.05095079
GW 1075 5 0.5 -10 5 0.5 -10 7 0.05095079
GW 1076 5 0.5 -10 7 0.5 -10 9 0.05095079
GW 1077 5 0.5 -10 9 0.5 -10 11 0.05095079
GW 1078 5 0.5 -10 11 0.5 -10 13 0.05095079
GW 1079 5 0.5 -10 13 0.5 -10 15 0.05095079
GW 1080 5 0.5 -10 15 0.5 -10 17 0.05095079
GW 1081 5 0.5 -10 17 0.5 -10 19 0.05095079
GW 1082 5 0.5 -10 19 0.5 -10 21 0.05095079
GW 1083 5 0.5 -10 21 0.5 -10 23 0.05095079
GW 1084 5 0.5 -10 23 0.5 -10 25 0.05095079
GW 1085 5 0.5 -10 25 0.5 -10 27 0.05095079
GW 1086 5 0.5 -10 27 0.5 -10 29 0.05095079
GW 1087 5 0.5 -10 29 0.5 -10 31 0.05095079
GW 1088 9 1.5 14 -29 3.5 18 -29 0.05095079
GW 1089 3 0 -2 1 0 -0.5 1 0.05095079
GS 0 0 0.0254 ' All in in.
GE 0
EK
LD 5 0 0 0 58000000 0
EX 0 1 5 0 1 0
GN -1
FR 0 39 0 0 470 6
RP 0 1 10 1510 90. 0. 0. 20. 0. 0.

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
And the radiation pattern for the SBGH GH10 2" X 4" mesh curved reflector at 602Mhz peak net gain :

·
Registered
12 Posts
Watching the progress!

I have been lurking here for a while watching the progress of this antenna. When I made the move to digital television I researched antennas knowing that one of my channels was 14 and I found out that most (if not all) commercial antennas available had good gain in the upper channels, but not so great in the lower. I settled on a CM 4228 and have been reasonably happy with it. I wondered at the time why nobody had an antenna geared toward the frequencies coming instead of pushing the same old thing. Today I see the design I have been waiting for. It may take me awhile to build it, but build it I will because it looks perfect for what I want to cover. Getting it to the top of my 55 foot tower won't be fun as I'm getting a little long in age. Having redone the guide wires this spring tells me I'm still able to climb though. Great job guys, on all the work put into this. It may not be perfect yet, but it's got to be very close. I'll definitely keep track of this thread!!:D

21 - 40 of 77 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.