Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like my home audio setup. A 400 CD Sony player sends an optical TOSLINK output to my DacMagic 100 DAC. This feeds into my NAD amp that outputs to Cambridge Audio speakers and a subwoofer.

I also enjoy listening to Google Music streaming audio on my PC. I would like to add streaming Google audio to my home audio setup and benefit from my DAC in the process. My PC is nowhere near my audio setup, but i do have a fast internet connection and good wi-fi in the house.

I believe i could buy a Windows laptop and this would solve my problem, but I don't want to spend a lot of money. A laptop seems needlessly bulky and costly. My early thinking is to obtain an Android tablet with a USB output. I would connect the tablet to the DAC. Would this work? How do I tell the tablet to send the digital audio to the USB rather than the tablet's speakers?

What would be ideal is to connect streaming audio to the DAC and control the music app on a portable device such as a tablet. Is such a thing possible?

All advice is welcome.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks! I didn't know such a device existed. (Sheltered life.) It seems to do what I want. Are there similar devices that compete with the Chromecast Audio?

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
For what you're looking for, I'd say not really. There are other streaming sticks and devices, but for ease of use and given that you're using Google Play Music, I can't recommend the Chromecast Audio enough.

Note that it will work with various other services as well like Spotify.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts