Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This started Sunday (June17, 2018).

My Gateway HDPVR is canceling pre-set recordings at the moment that they start. Looking in the Scheduler under "Canceled" it will list the name of the program say, "Not recorded (error)". If I start a recording manually, there is no problem.

Since a lot of what I have been trying to record are World Cup Soccer matches, not being able to set a recording time ahead of time means that I am missing a lot of matches. This isn't just for Soccer though, it has cancelled the individual recordings for a number of shows that I have series recordings set for.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Restarted the Gateway and did not resolve the problem. Then on a hunch I disconnected my external PVR and tried to set a recording. Worked exactly the way it was supposed to. Which probably leaves me needing to replace my PVR Expander, unless someone can come up with a solution that can resolve the Expander problem.

Incidentally, I've noticed that there are USB3 to ESATA converters and cables available. Does anyone have any experience with using these to turn to a USB3 Hard Drive into a PVR Expander?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts