Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive read somewhere that with the Gateway you can only show the channels you are subscribed to in the guide without adding them to favorites.

Have I misread?

If not, how do I do this?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Go into the 'Menu', then 'Settings'. (Cogs/Gear icon) Hit the down arrow twice to 'Channel List'. Add/remove as you please.

After that only the channels you keep will appear in the guide.

·
Registered
403 Posts
So I have to do this manually for each channel? Why can't it be done automatically?
This is going to take way too long. Are you sure there isn't a proper way to do this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm a fairly new Shaw subscriber. migrating over from Telus. I have been reading these forums and have discovered that people have been wanting this feature for years. Shaw is saying that it is Arris's "fault". I emailed Arris, and I quote the following from their reply: "The channels that are shown on your device would be dictated by your provider. When the device is activated on their service they then push the necessary information to your DVR. With most cable providers they will push all channels to the device even in you are not subscribed to them. There are no settings in the DVR that will filter out channels because that is dictated by the provider". In my p[inion, Shaw is able to change how channels are displayed and should be able to give us that option of displaying subscribed channels only. In my opinion, Shaw is simply just not listening!

·
Registered
246 Posts
You can uncheck the unwanted channels pretty quickly in the Gateway app on a tablet. Once that's done just SYNC the tablet settings to your portal(s).

You can also leave some channels out of the Guide channel list and access them through the Favorites list. I do this for the weather channel.

·
Super Moderator
4,499 Posts
I wish that if a channel was on free preview, then it would show up in my channel list and then delete itself afterwards.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hey magnet.

I have the Gateway app on my iPhone and iPad I don't see anywhere for checking and unchecking channels. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
246 Posts
On the left side of the Guide screen, between the channel numbers and the programs, there is a vertical line.
Drag it to the right, revealing the tabs for display channel and favorite channel.
Controls are in upper right corner to select favorites, etc..

·
Registered
301 Posts
Thanks andyk.

In order to get that vertical line, I need to select Guide at the bottom first, then select the Settings gear icon at the top right.

When in Settings, I have to select Edit Linup, which takes me back to the Guide with the vertical line running down the middle and the list of Channels on the left side showing which ones will show in my Guide.

From there and can tap on each Channel and the oval icon displays in Blue or Gray to tell me which Channel is going to displaying on my Guide.

I hope this helps anyone who would like to quickly change which Channels show in their Guide. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts