Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woke up this morning to "Cannot communication with the Shaw Gateway. Please check cable connections or contact Shaw at 888-472-2222"

Noticed a clicking noise coming from the Gateway that was never there before. Not a fan noise, clearly to me it was a hard drive noise, like a seek problem where the hard drive was having problems with bad sectors or something.

Re-starting the portals did nothing, so re-started the Gateway. It restarted fine but was still giving clicking sound. Portal could still not connect. Re-started gateway again, clicking noise was not there but portals could still not connect. Re-started gateway a third time, and portal 1 could connect eventually. When it started to show a picture the picture was stuttering quite a bit, as it stuttered I heard the clicks from the Gateway. Eventually picture is stable. Portal 2 can still not connect to gateway however, says no gateway found.

Not sure what else I can do on my end, or what Shaw can do over the phone except to have someone replace the Gateway. Problem for me is it will be hours on the phone only to be told it will be 2 or 3 weeks to have someone go to my place to do it.

Any suggestions? I am 2.5 weeks into it, and I want to be able to bail out of this Gateway hardware within the 1 month return window if it is going to constantly be a problem. The Broadband 50 I am subscribed to is also only Broadband 50 during the day, in the evening it miraculously becomes Broadband 14. That is not good.

Thanks for input.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Try going to the settings (gears) and network and reconnect from there

1 - 2 of 2 Posts