Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my mom a Garmin 3760T so she can easily get around the city. Well I am trying to show her how to use it but I am ready to throw it against a wall.

When entering an address it asks for city name. I enter Edmonton so far so good. Asks for house number. Enter in house number (actually a business number) This could be where I am screwing up I type in 10303 and click done then is asks for the street but its on an ave how can I switch it to ave. I type ave after entering 65 but says no matches. If I just type 65 and click done the possible matches are no where close.

For the address I am using its 10303 65ave

I have read the manual front to back and can not figure this out.
I am good with technology but this GPS unit has got me beat.

If any one can please help me figure this thing out that would be wonderful.

Thanks

·
Registered
737 Posts
My 3790T GPS is stuck somewhere on the way from Ontario due to "railroad flatcar mechanical failure". Thanks UPS. But according to different Garmin GPS model and latest City Navigator North America 2011.30 map, you need to do following:
  1. City: Edmonton
  2. Number: 10303
  3. Street: Type only 65. "65 Ave" is 7th choice (at least for me).
Interestingly enough, if I type anything more than 65, correct choice is never displayed. BTW, same problem is observed in Garmin's MapSource program for Windows. So we can't blame device. It's Garmin that screwed this one.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Following those recommendations I get 2 results
65 (Ave NW, ST NW, ST SW) - This selection brings me to 65st and 10303 ave

65a St NW - This selection brings me to 65a st and 13200 NW

Both are not even close to correct

Any time I enter in an address that has a street in the address vs an Ave it finds it just fine. But soon as its an Ave it doesn't work at all.

·
Super Moderator
56,506 Posts
What happens if you type in 65th, or sixty fifth, or 65th Ave NW? On Google it provides the NW as one of the options in the search results... Is T6H 5Z5 the result you're looking for?

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After a reset and a software update, things seem to be working now.
How very frustrating to get it out of the box and have issues like this.

Its now finding addresses correctly and bringing my mom to the right places.

Thanks everyone

1 - 8 of 8 Posts