Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I was just wondering if any of you that subscribe to the Super Sports Package with Cogeco have the problem I'm facing currently. I work 7 days a week and love the ability of pre-planning recordings of my favorite NHL team so that I can view the game once I finally get a few hours off work. I know that the Nashville Predators play later today versus the Blue Jackets at 6 pm EST but the screen guide doesn't even have the game listed yet. This has happened too many times to mention so far and my only current solution is to wait till the game is on and flip through all the NHL channels (42*'s and NHL HD's) and pray the game is on and if it is, setup a recording manually. This is really annoying.

Thanks for reading and sorry for the long post.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool link, thank you. Yeah, the game is at 7PM, you're right but I surfed the guide all the way to midnight and still no sign of the game. Yikes!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Cool link, thank you. Yeah, the game is at 7PM, you're right but I surfed the guide all the way to midnight and still no sign of the game. Yikes!
hey atomicharddrive,

I have the Cogeco SSP too and the Nashville game vs Columbus shows up in my guide as it being on CH. 441

EDIT: hmm the game shows up in my guide as being on ch. 441 but the fan 590 on screen schedule shows it being on ch. 440 with Edmonton at Minnesota being on ch. 441... WEIRD!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Musashii, my guide shows no game whatsoever on channel 441 but 440 has the San Jose vs Detroit game on, which is not what is shown on the Cogeco Sports programming list. Guess I'll just have to tune in at 7 PM and setup a manual recording. This is horrible!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Where do you live? Cause that's really weird, I thought the ssp was the same package for everyone. Like I said the nashville game shows up on my guide on 441 but it is suppose to be on 440 with EDM-MIN being on 441

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Way to go Cogeco, no Nashville vs Columbus game even though it's advertised! Why do I even bother having cable anymore? $200/month for crappy service, no thanks!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Finally, channel 439 has the game on. Time to send a complaint in.
that's weird channel 439 has the Detroit San Jose game on for me, and channel 440 had the Nashville game on... yet my guide said it was suppose to be on 441... guess you would be screwed if you try and record games on the ssp.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is why I sent a complaint to Cogeco earlier today. Wonder if they'll do anything? We pay alot each month to have out-of-market games broadcast and they don't even use all the available channels offer to them. Shame really.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
This is why I sent a complaint to Cogeco earlier today. Wonder if they'll do anything?
Basically you will get the standard email saying its not there fault as Rogers supplies them the feeds for the ssp. I would call them and tell them you want to speak with a manager and see where that gets you.

Also Cogeco does not supply the guide, it is a different company who updates it, so I guess there slow in making changes.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That stinks because I got to see the whole remaining 5 mins of the 1st period of my intended Nashville game before Cogeco decided to switch the game to SJ vs Detroit which they had playing on another channel already. This is ridiculous!

·
Registered
971 Posts
No Uniform Guide

No one's asked this question, so I'll ask it. If everyone is subscribing to the same package, why isn't everyone getting the same guide info? It's true that COGECO doesn't create the guide, but why are people getting the same game but on different channels, according to the guide?

·
Banned
364 Posts
Most (if not all) of the NHL games in SD last night were on one channel lower than indicated in the guide.

I've never been able to figure out why it's so complicated to program these games. You know what the games are, you know what channel they're supposed to be on. How hard is it to connect the two?

I still haven't figured out why Cogeco can add 6 or 7 new HD channels but still only show 4 HD games on the SSP, despite 23 HD channels (19 of which were added almost a year ago with a press release and much fanfare, and yet sitting idle). I guess the difference is they can add those channels and increase their base price to all subscribers, than add those SSP channels and only get money from a few subscribers. I'm pretty sure this will be my last season of the SSP. I don't pay $30/month for black channels.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So it's February 26th and I want to give Cogeco credit for a good day of hockey on the SSP so far. Hope they keep it up! Got to see my fave team at 1 PM on channel 466 (NHL HD). There was some disturbance from the Dallas feed and Cogeco switched to the FS Tennessee feed which was problem free.
Thumbs up today! :D

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Of course Rogers SSP had BOTH the NAS and the DAL feed available today. You have to wonder what would have happened if only the DAL feed was available...

I had that happen once a few months back, there was some sort of technical issue on the game I was watching and wound up having Rogers comp SSP for a month...

·
Registered
157 Posts
This has been an on going issue since at least 2006. I spent countless hours on the phone talking to these idiots. Trust me it will get you nowhere. The best you will get is a 1 day credit if you're willing to call in and go through their ridiculous call centre system that takes at least 20 minutes. My advice is learn to deal with it or move on to a another provider.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts