Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Can't tell the difference between so many of the channels...G4TechTV, History, Womans channel etc all showing same TV or Movie reruns...really the name of the channel means very little

·
Registered
462 Posts
if you like Leo Laporte. he has own network online at twit.tv. he has many podcasts both in video and audio. Its very good. he is making million of dollars from this compared to thousand of dollars when he was on techtv. as everyone has stated once g4 took over it sucked, unless of course your a gamer.

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
I think G4 Canada needs a new tech show as a flagship show to fill the void. Doesn't even have to be like Call For Help, but something like a magazine format that reports on industry trends.
Is Bob Pritchard still around? He did one in the 90s that was either syndicated, or network, I don't know. How about Steve Dotto? Or Mike Agerbo and that other fellow.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I think the answer to anyone on this thread wanting a new "tech TV" channel is essentially a media streaming device. These tech news companies have all left the "old media" format. For example on the Roku you get CNET, TWiT, MediaFly, Revision 3, Cali Lewis, etc, etc. And the PQ on most of those is just excellent (TWiT specifically).

There's more new content from all of those sources than there are hours in the day. It's just not coming via the old school distribution methods and probably never will. Leo, etc has no intention of ever going back.

Plus it's all free. Just a small upfront cost for the HW ($70 for the Roku for example) or watch on your computer.

G4 will always be about the games. TechTV lives on (in new forms) but it's all online where there's no "theme packages" or CRTC meddling.

·
Registered
46 Posts
"The Screen Savers" was my favourite show on Tech TV when I first subscribed to it originally approximately 9-10 years ago. Great tech information if you were into computer hardware, electronic gadgets, cool software, etc., like I was.....and am still. :)
I loved watching Leo Laporte, Patrick Norton, Kevin Rose, and of course Canada's own Morgan Webb. ;)
Alas, I find myself almost never watching G4 Tech TV now....tech info almost non-existent as gaming and pop culture now rule the day.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
TWiT hired the set designer of the old ScreenSavers set to design the new studio. Apparently, they might try to bring back the spiral staircase that goes nowhere, although I'm afraid it'll take up a bit too much room.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts