Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,

A little tidbit of info I found out last night when I lost my internet connection. I turned on my FibeTV and was faced with a blank black screen on all my channels. I thought ok, TV is out, lets watch something I PVRed - when I selected the program and pressed play - I was once again presented with a blank black screen. Hmm, I decided to go online to see if I can search our a solution and low and behold, I didn't have internet. So I rebooted my Bell Router/Modem and 5 minutes later still nothing happened. I called the Fibe Tech support line and as I was talking to the guy, my TV and internet came back - apparently it can take quite a few minutes for the boxes to synchronize.

But I did find out that you can't even view your recordings if the TV/Internet is down as the PVR box requires a authentication back to the Bell mothership everytime you want to watch a recordings. Hmm, not what I wanted to hear. I guess "big brother" knows every time we turn on a TV or watch a recording - but we don't even have recordings to fall back on when the TV goes out!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts