Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FX Canada Summer 2013 Schedule and Program Development

It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, season 8 beginning July 4 at 10 p.m. ET. FX Canada becomes the exclusive Canadian broadcaster of the series with new episodes of season 9 this fall.

New drama The Bridge beginning July 10 at 10 p.m. ET.

The 10-episode limited series Fargo launches in Spring 2014.

New drama and comedy include Tyrant, The Strain, and The Comedians

American Horror Story, The Americans, Sons of Anarchy, and The League return this fall

Press Release.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Fantastic news about Sunny. Showcase has done a pretty horrible job with airing Sunny, I'm very glad it'll be in the hands of a network that will treat it right.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Few new channels have excited me over the years since they're all the same, but must admit FX is looking pretty good.

·
Registered
8,715 Posts
There is lots of promised programming but it's still just promises. Looking at the current schedule, I find it difficult to get excited about endless reruns of 30 Rock, Da Vinci's Inquest and Murdock Mysteries. And just exactly what is FX (special effects) about those? (Or Russel Brand's show for that matter?) I hate that specialty channels are being so dumbed down by channel proliferation and Cancon rules.

·
Registered
8,715 Posts
My mistake. Yet another useful acronym co-opted by a commercial identity. My opinion of FX, in general, stands though.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
ExDilbert FX has some really good shows like Justified and the Americans. Also the Bridge looks pretty good.

·
Registered
8,715 Posts
Agreed. I watched The Americans and enjoyed it. It's one of the best of it's genre. I'm just wondering why we needed yet another specialty channel to get these shows in a timely manner. If FX Canada does a good job of airing them, which appears to be the case, I will give them lots of credit for that.

·
Super Moderator
16,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Crawlspace: Tuesday, July 2 at 10 p.m. ET **Series Premiere**

It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia: Thursday, July 4 at 10 p.m. ET
**Season 8 Premiere**Two Back-to-back Episodes**

·
Super Moderator
16,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fall 2013 premiere dates

All dates are subject to change. (s) = simulcast

It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia – Season 9
Thursdays at 10 p.m. ET/PT starting September 5 (check local listings)

The League Season 5
Thursdays at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT starting September 5 (check local listings)

Sons of Anarchy – Season 4
Tuesdays at 10 p.m. ET/PT starting September 10 (check local listings)

American Horror Story: Coven (s) Season 3
Wednesdays at 10 p.m. ET/PT starting October 9 (check local listings)

Press Release.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I think that The League is moving to FXX so it may not be airing on Sept 5 in Canada. :(

·
Super Moderator
16,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The press release I posted is from Rogers Media - the owners of FX Canada - they would have the Canadian rights based on the pre-existing contract.

There is another thread that says Rogers will be starting FXX Canada in Jan. 2014.

·
Super Moderator
16,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
'The Tunnel' airs Tuesdays at 10 p.m. beginning January 7.

Home to the most gripping and envelope-pushing series on specialty television, FX Canada continues to break down boundaries with the new 10-part, one-hour crime drama The Tunnel. Hot on the heels of the hit summer series The Bridge, The Tunnel – also based on the Danish/Swedish crime series Bron – joins FX Canada’s world-class roster of critically acclaimed programming, airing Tuesdays at 10 p.m. ET/PT (check local listings) beginning January 7.
Press Release.

·
Registered
841 Posts
quite enjoyed The Bridge and look forward to seeing the tunnel . The international cast/aspect is usually appealing and the chunnel will be a new cross border location .

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have just got this channel so would like to watch The Bridge and The Tunnel from the beginning but they do not seem to offered on-line. Any one know if they will be repeated? THanks

·
Registered
679 Posts
Cheadlebeagle, they do series marathons on most long weekends so keep an I out for them. I'm pretty sure they just played the entire Bridge series last weekend during that long weekend.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts