Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 14 yr old daughter is outgrowing her bedroom suite, (she's 5'11")
she'd like a loft bed in which she could put either futon or a small couch to sit on under for when she reads or watches television.

I can't find such a thing anywhere, and am concerned I'm going to have to resort to custom-built.

I'd be looking for something that raises the mattress to about 60" at the base at a minimum.

anyone know of any?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Ikea, JYSK, brick etc.

One word of advice, MEASURE YOUR CEILING HEIGHT to ensure it allows enough room from the bed to the ceiling after the mattress is on!

My son has one of these and he sleeps only about 3' from the ceiling. I have cracked my head several times.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
actually ceiling height will certainly be a concern.
her room is in the basement, so there's only about 7'5" clearance.

maybe we'll consider something that offers good storage space, but not so high that it encroaches on the ceiling.

Thansk

·
Super Moderator
11,128 Posts
A twin and double are the same length and are pretty short for someone who will be 6'. I doubt they make it, but a twin captain without a footboard would be your best bet. Also, if you are near a large market check out Kijiji. Bedroom furniture is one of the largest sections. You could alway buy a unit used and modify the foot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts