Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am new to FTA (very very new). I'm interested in exploring FTA for chinese channels. Does anybody know if it is possible for me to receive chinese channels in Canada (Vancouver BC to be specific). If so, is there a list of chinese channels that I can get somewhere?

And for those who are already reaping the benefits, are these channels any good?

Thanks for any info. It is greatly appreciated.

·
OTA Forum Moderator
24,867 Posts
smurfgun said:
I'm interested in exploring FTA for chinese channels. Does anybody know if it is possible for me to receive chinese channels in Canada (Vancouver BC to be specific).
Hi, I'm not Chinese but if you look at the transponders on Intelsat Americas 5 you can see a few Chinese channels amongst the international services on that satellite:

http://www.lyngsat.com/ia5.html

I'm sure others can give you better info. Also I'm wondering if you have a DTV tuner and a TV antenna? Vancouverites get KBCB-DT Bellingham in digital OTA on channel 19.1 remapped to 24.1 and their prime time programming is in Cantonese and Mandarin.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have any FTA equipment at the moment. I do have a 20" dish but don't know if I can pick up anything with that.

I am willing to buy some FTA equipment but I need to know that it is worth it. Primarily I want to receive more chinsese channels for my parents. Currently in Vancouver, I only have 2 chinese channels.

Comments?

Thanks,

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
I think you'd be advised to find a local dealer, preferably one that services the Chinese community, and go see for yourself what is available.

If you do, please post your findings here!

·
Registered
928 Posts
There are many chinese channels up there fta on both c and ku, you will want a motorized dish, 90cm-120cm for best reception on ku and a 10' or 12' for best reception on both c and ku bands.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Can you let us know from where? there are many channels from around the world.

·
Registered
1 Posts
getting Taiwan Channels help

I just order a PCI Card from my computer and a rotating motor for my satellite dish. I want to know how I can get channels in Taiwan. :p

Also will the motor on my dish keep me from having to use two or more dish?

And last question is what web site can I go to get settings for my channels I want to receive?

Also with this free 2 air, is there any way to get free internet?

Thank you

·
Registered
51 Posts
LLanza said:
Also will the motor on my dish keep me from having to use two or more dish?

And last question is what web site can I go to get settings for my channels I want to receive?

Also with this free 2 air, is there any way to get free internet?

Thank you
1, it should
2, http://www.lyngsat.com/
3, of course not

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

I am a new member to FTA who live in Toronto, doese any one has experience to receive ATV Home (Hong Kong).

Vicky

·
Registered
2 Posts
A dealer in the mall next to BMW Mississauga has chinese channels set up. May be they can help - the lady demonstrated to me some channels from HK as well as Taiwan. They are called sysnov. wierd name. ;) i was led to believe that this is echostar signal although i am not an expert in these.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts